Condensation problem

Hey everyone. I have a grow room in my pole barn. Rooms doing great. The other half of the room is having condensation problems big time. Can you help me before everything I own is garbage? How do I stop it from the metal roof?

3 Likes

Plus it’s getting real cold outside. So I live where it’s cold

2 Likes

Is one side a floor room and the other side a veg room? Or is it just one big floor room? What equipment do you have in place right now in order to control temp and humidity?

1 Like

The grow room is perfect so far. I use several fans and a heater. It’s the other side of the pole barn that’s just dripping badly going to be moldy if I don’t do something.
Should I insulate the room more ?
Why do I have so much moisture?

1 Like

I can’t talk for grow rooms in particular, but usually in construction, when you have to much moisture in a room, it’s a matter of circulating more air in that room.

1 Like

Do you have the option of putting up an inline fan and using it as an exhaust? That way you could pull the moisture out of that area? You’d just need an inline fan, ducting and you’d need to have or make a opening where the ducting would exhaust the moist air out.

1 Like

Sounds like cold spots where insulation is weak and if u dont have a exhaust fan up high theres the problem;)

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. All was going great until the weather changed.

2 Likes

Np anytime :wink:

You need to strip down the whole room. And yes I mean bare. And lay some form of moisture barrier. Either a plastic or a spray depending on the base material