Conventional Field Production

This is honestly the best thread of all time. So informative! I love it because its a completely different process than my own. Makes me want to do a thread like this once we receive funding. Show our processes, construction, lifestyle etc.
Well…the stuff I want you to see anyways. :wink:

4 Likes

Plow, spader, tiller, hiller, mower, backhoe, box scraper, land plane, grapple bucket, loader, manure spreader, broadcast spreader, auger, cement mixer, 4 stroke backpack fogger, numerous power and hand tools, I think that covers it. My other neighbor has a bull dozer, excavator, and dump truck that he is more than will to let neighbors borrow. We all share knowledge, equipment and time so we can all get everything done in time and be as efficient as possible.

5 Likes

Thanks! I try to keep it fun and informative.

I am just trying to make something work on a thin start-up budget.

I’d like to see a phase by phase indoor grow thread. I haven’t grown indoor, aside from mothers and clones, for about 4 years now. I might have forgot how to do it. :joy:

I do want to get a tent and grow 4 rec indoor again. The smooth smoke of indoor is my preferred type flower despite what I have chosen to focus on professionally.

2 Likes

We would love to see what you have up and running now! You could do a before and after you get the funding and investment in new processes, equipment, etc.

4 Likes

The DEA and the US Atty for Oregon believe that the oversupply will be diverted to non-recreational States and want to intervene.
The State of Oregon is concerned with loss of tax revenue because they believe that the over supply is going to the Black or Grey Markets and underselling taxed “legal” produce.
Either way, as they turn the screws, the net result will be continued high prices for consumers.

3 Likes

Over 40,000lbs have been seized in numerous states, along with cash being mailed to oregon.

They’re cracking down, but the free market killed the black market organically. Of the nearly 2 dozen “medical” growers I know, one continues, but plans to quit after one more outdoor run. Oregon did with capitalism what law enforcement could have never achomplished.

5 Likes

7 of 13 rows complete.

4 Likes

Good morning ladies, please enjoy the complimentary water and fertilizer. I hope you enjoy your stay!

6 Likes

If I could upload more than 10mb, I could post the full 3 min video of about 13 hours worth of work.

This is Dennis’ actual speed.

/original/2X/6/633ea17e6110a4977115948a19ddbd89ff5fcb47.mp4

4 Likes

This is in fact a field of blueberries. It will look great by July. Takes me about a month to really go through and mow and clean out weeds. This field is “beyond organic”, absolutely 0 inputs. I just let the grass and legumes go to town, mow then down to mulch, and water all of their nutrients into the blueberries. No pesticides of any sort. A local hippie commune picks them to sell at farmer’s markets. They like that they are completely biodynamic at this point. We get about 2000lbs per acre, with about 2.5 acres worth. Some of the biggest berries you ever did see. Many reach the diameter of a quarter!

Field needing tending, but it needs water first. As soon as planting is done, I start in one this monster of a project…

My friend Mahogany showing off his bulk blueberry drying for sale and winter storage.

Look at the size of those blueberries. :star_struck:

6 Likes

Had a bit of time today, so I figured I’d sample soil after ammendments.

Nitrogen looks like a spot on medium high.

Phosphorus is another spot on medium high.

pH appears to be above 6.0 and below 7m0, a other bullseye.

Potassium is a titer rather than a color code and came in a high to very high.

Should be all set to rock this season!

3 Likes

That looks like some healthy soil! I swear I can smell it through my screen!

3 Likes

Old flood plain, cover in silt from pond dredging. It is much better than most of my neighbors soil. It’s a mix of Waldo and Dupee, most everything around me is Jory. I love my micro valley.

3 Likes

I can certainly see why! It’s beautiful!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I went investigating this morning. Checking the drip pattern in the hills, tough to tell when the surface or gets about an 8" circle and the rest looks dry. Just an inch or so down and it is nice and damp, but not sodden soil. Since planting, these 2 hills have had about 12 hours of drip over 3 days. 8" centers on the drop emitters, 0.4GPM, roughly 400ft long each. This equates to roughly 5760 gallons per row (75,000 gallons per acre). This should slow as the plants become established, right now that field is drier than a popcorn’s fart. My blueberries take a max of 100,000 gallons per acre per week (2.5 acres). I was also looking for healthy new root growth which I have found it! 3 days since transplanting.

3 Likes

The first day of the rest of my life begins today!

5 Likes

Have these grown within 6 days of transplanting?

May 21st

Vs.

May 27th

5 Likes

Barney’s Farms LSD is really starting to grow now, 10 days since planting.

5 Likes

Fresh hoeing on the right, no hoeing on the left.

Time to start hoeing by hand. Some people pay to go to the gym in morning. I just go and hoe for 1.5hrs per day. I’m down 15lbs since day 1 of planting! Maybe I can work off of the Goat Yoga model and charge people for Cannabis CrossFit? :thinking:

But seriously, hoeing early, when the weeds just start to pop is the most efficient time to weed. 3000sqft of hoeing in 1.5 hours isn’t too bad of a chore, when it is a cool morning. :sunglasses:

5 Likes