Conventional Field Production

We’ll see if this timelapse video works.

A little over a month of growth in 15 seconds. I can’t upload anything larger than about 10MB, so 1 month is about the limit.

/original/2X/8/80ab5edb7ab7856e63ac66f5ff66dff31e682a62.mp4

5 Likes

Are the purple stems genetic or a sign of nutrient deficiency? When do you start limiting the nitrogen? Do you use urea because it’s a quick release and quickly used used up and out of the soil? Kinda like flushing indoors.

Thanks, I really enjoy this post!

2 Likes

Looking really good!

2 Likes

On that LSD picture it is genetic, hot or cold, the stem are purple (solid purple when cold, striped when warm), and the underside of all of the leaves are lavender.

I plan 2 more doses of nitrogen, one more this week, and the final next week. I will switch to Grow More 9-21-12 or Jack’s 10-30-20 through August, in September they will get no more fertilizer through the drip lines, just some foliar 0-50-30.

I use urea because it is a cheap and concentrated form of nitrogen, but yes it is highly available and the plants will draw it up almost immediately. Also, water can easily accept half of its weight in urea for injecting. I am able to get 20lbs of urea into 5 gallons of water for injecting. I also use some Jack’s 10-30-20 for a little PK (3lbs in 5 gallons with the 20lbs of urea).

In the video, they had the first dose on the 4th of July, and the growth jump on the fifth was pretty substantial, maybe double a normal day.

2 Likes

Awesome as always, Dan! Thanks for keeping this thread lively and updated with your pretty ladies!

2 Likes

98F today. The girls don’t seem phased, but I did start drip irrigation at 5:30am, and they received their second dose of fertilizer yesterday.

Not one bit of droop.

Here is my favorite plant pushing 6 feet, she’s a beaut’!

5 Likes

Yeah she is!

2 Likes

What strain is she?

2 Likes

Barney’s Farm LSD

2 Likes

Nice! She looks healthy!

2 Likes

Looks fantastic Dan!

3 Likes

My article released. I am catching so much hate on Instagram. I must be doing something right. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

We received some haters with Canna Cribs because they did not like the farm we were filming. This is the same advice I received. I am happy to pass it on. Keep being the best you can be! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Words to live by @nick!

I appreciate the positivity!

2 Likes

You’re the Truth, @Farmer_Dan, keep your head up, forget the haters (they just super jelly anyway :yum:), and sally forth, my friend!

Keep up the good work! I’m proud of you! Congratulations on @cbt! Huge accomplishment worthy of praise. My toast is to you tonight, Sláinte!

4 Likes

The IG haters are just jealous of this guy:

4 Likes

Thanks brother! It means a lot!

Got to keep an open mind, find those gaps and fill them in this ever changing industry.

People should like what I do, I am not competing against their retail flower one bit. :rofl: You’d think they would want me to stay where I am. What if I dumped 2000lbs of rock bottom outdoor on the market? $2.00/g retail? I could do that out of spite, but I wont. :wink: I don’t like selling and maintaining retail relationships…

4 Likes

You’re most welcome! Thanks for doing things the right way!

I reiterate my previous point: folks are hating because they’re jealous. They’re all probably black market growers anyway lol.

3 Likes

If anyone seeks lessons in needing to learn how to be abrasive, get under someone’s skin and annoy them to a level as though you superglued two woodpeckers to their foreheads, feel free to send them in my direction. I seem to have a unique ability to drive even-tempered normally calm people into fits of blind rage where they react like wounded rabid animals.

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Haha! Driving them out of the market!

That’s why I like GN, so much positivity! There are dozens of ways to grow, and twice as many markets to fill. There is no one-size-fits-all.

4 Likes