Creating a small facility (9lb per month), join us with your ideas of improvement!

Hi Growers, how are you ?

Here a bit of the proyect that we are working with my brother in a new facility.

We are trying to design a new facility and would like to have some advices or ideas from you guys.

The facility should be able to produce a minimum of 9lb per month (18lb each 2 months or 27 lb each 3 depending on the organisation of the run).

Budget is illimited but one tricky thing is the country where this is planned has high importation restrictions wich makes some material hard to get, example, high quality LEDs.

About the space we have a quite big room of 35.4 ft x 23.75 ft. This room has 9 kind of columns wich make it easy to build walls if needed.

The plan is to get

:point_right:t6:1 room for mothers and clones,
:point_right:t6:1 room for vegetative indoor and
:point_right:t6:1 room for flowering.

Also as we want a really HACCP high standard we plan to make a
:point_right:t6:changing room that could access to any of the other rooms independently.

Everything is customizable, I mean, we can create doors everywhere.
I am not too sure about the size of the cloning area, it seems quite big vs vegetative area.

For flowering area (11.8 x 23.75 ft)
I was thinking of going with CMH for the flowering area with 3x6= 18 x 630w or a 4x8= 32 x 315w.

For vegetative area (11.8 x 16.05 ft) I was thinking in CMH, maybe 3x4 = 12 x 630w or 4x5 = 20 x 315w.

My calculations are on a basis of 3x3 for a 315w and 4x4 for a 630w.

For the Mothers/clones room I could go with CMH but I always have done it with T5.

As the customer requires 4kg per month I was thinking of at least 200 plants x 2 or 2.5 gal pots.

Trays of 4x4 where 25 pots can fit. 8 to 10 trays.

The idea is to provide to them at least 4 to 6 weeks of grow. And create a rotation where basicly each 2 months the flowering area is harvested.

Everything will be on soil or coco coir, customer requirements but we will make a counterproposition with hydro as most of this production will go for extraction.

In case of soil/coco we will go for a water drip system with 2x 0.5 gall / hour.

Please feel free for any advice, opinion about anything regarding this project, take in mind that anything that I have in mind can be modified from zero.

Thank you for your time, your advice and support !

1 Like