Curious about uses

So I’m not sure if this is the right forum for me. I just wanted to talk to someone that is rather knowledgeable about cbd. And here’s why. I warn you. It’s slightly personal.

So we’re approaching a year since my gma passed away. She was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in may. She began doing chemo. And for about 4 months responded well. And about a week after my birthday (august 20) she just quit responding and she passed away the first week of September. My gma and I had a very special closer than usual relationship due to my mom not exactly being motherly. Anyways fast forward to now. My gpa has went downhill fast. He is very very depressed and seems only getting worst. He is completely lost without her. Every time I call home to see how he’s doing. It takes all I have not to burst into tears when he talks about how sad and lonely he is without my gma and I truly am scared if he keeps going at this rate. His time won’t be far off. He has never been into the “dope” scene. His reference of weed!! Does cbd help with depression? How does it work? What’s the best method of consumption? Are there any feelings that are similar to those of the? If so I don’t think he would be willing to try it. I just don’t know what else to try at this point that doesn’t have the potential to possibly be worse off or make things worse. It breaks my heart seeing him like this and knowing he’s hurting the way he is.

I’m also inquiring for personal struggles with depression. And I have a history of substance abuse so I’d rather stay away from major prescriptions and things that could push me over the edge or send me spiraling backwards. Thank you much for any insight. And again I apologize if this isn’t the correct forum for me to be seeking answers from.

8 Likes

@CoyoteCody you have any input on micro dosing?

@tenga @Enlightened420 anything you can recommend

5 Likes

Microdosing to me is different from others, I like to eat a couple grams every 6 hours for a day, compared to when I trip hard I eat up to 7 grams at a time up to 4 times a day.

4 Likes

Hi @shebah

Welcome to GN and thank you for sharing your story. I am sorry what you and your family have been through and I think cannabis can help in several ways. Because cannabis is legal for both recreational and medical use, its advisable to go see a cannabis practitioner to better help you with your requirements.

There are several studies done about medical cannabis and depression. And you also have the option of using THC or CBD to help.

Scientists at the University at Buffalo have begun looking into medicinal marijuana as a possible treatment for depression caused by chronic stress. The school’s Research Institute on Addictions (RIA) has been focusing specifically on brain chemicals called endocannabinoids.

These are naturally produced chemical compounds. They play a role in motor control, cognition, emotions, and behavior. They also have a chemical makeup similar to that of cannabis.

The scientists have performed their studies on animals and not humans. Yet they have discovered that chronic stress may suppress the brain’s production of endocannabinoids. They found that this can lead to depression-like behavior. Source

The most promising (although inconclusive) evidence is for CBD as an adjunctive treatment in schizophrenia, with an additional isolated study showing efficacy in social anxiety, and some data suggesting a potential effect for depression, PTSD and ADHD symptoms. The data also tentatively suggests that a role exists for cannabinoids in reducing insomnia, which may also commonly occur in chronic pain. Given the generally favorable safety profile of cannabinoids observed across the observational studies and clinical trials conducted to date, there is clearly a strong case for encouraging further research. Source

A study published in the Journal of Affective Disorders found that smoking cannabis can significantly reduce self-reported levels of depression in the short-term. Yet the researchers also found that repeated use didn’t lead to any long-term reduction of symptoms and may even increase depression over time in some people. Source

6 Likes

Totally off topic but a cat or dog is great companion, can help depression and senior pets are always in need of a home. Sorry I’m not any help on topic

7 Likes

shebah, often when elderly lose a life partner it sucks the will to live right out of them. I’m sorry but I don’t think there’s any drug out there that will eleviate that kind of loss. I am now hitting 70 and understand the phenomenom much better now than when I was in my 40’s!

I think with the loss of a life partner the pain is just there everyday, and later in life we accept that death is indeed inevitable…so psychologically the one suffering the loss just shuts down emotionally and wants the suffering to just END.

I’m not a professional so can only offer what I hope is a clear understanding of what your gpa is going through… I really believe @budlover2 is offering you your best hope…try to find him a pet to give him a distraction and something to love again…God bless and good luck. Your efforts are valiant and very loving…some losses just take the heart with them…

5 Likes

Helping is helping though… Always appreciated.

2 Likes

@kapouic Is much more knowledgeable with cbd than myself :v:

2 Likes

sorry for your lost . you might get him to try a tinture and or an edible . think about not telling him what it is . watch and see if he gets better . peace

1 Like