Deficiency? Not calmag not nitro?

Hi everyone, some plants looking a bit weird… i am on led, ec of water is very low so I give to them 1mL/L of calmag per week. They are clones, about 1 month of veg.

I was feeding them on 1.6ec 6.2ph but the green seemed to be a bit light so I rised to 1.8. Still some leaves are marked. I would love to send them into bloom without nutrients issues.

Temps day are 26-28, night 21-22 co2 1500ppm, humidity 60%/70%.

Had to treat them against thrips and spidermites so some new leaves are burnt on the edges but my real concern is the marks in old leaves.

I tried to make many pictures so maybe someone can give an advice.

Thank you for your time and help.

7 Likes

Considering the pest issues your plants have endured, in the natural light photos I believe they look great!!

Older leaves will show some wear and tear. Looks like you are just about at the bloom stage and plants experience higher nutrient demand forming and filling bud…you may want to increase your EC slowly and see if that looks better to you…

Good Luck leopold and keep up the good work!

7 Likes

I agree with Flasch. Once you switch to bloom those things are gonna start eating a lot and have a very high demand for Cal Mag.

3 Likes

Thanks for your answers. I am using calmag from atami

Would you suggest to rise the N fert to 2.0ec ? 2.2? I cant keep them to much more into grow because of space management…

For the calmag I use

At the maximum value indicated.

The thing is that it is very hard to feed high ec of N with calmag. Because of the natural high ec of calmag. I usually folliar it but now that i am spraying agains pests 3x week I try to give some peace to the leaves…

Also probably when stretch will be done reducing the values of nitrogen (ammonium form) will be increase the calmag absorption as they compete…

All the question is how to cross this stretch on the best way :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help and support !

1 Like

I look back at your pictures and I see this enormous operation and all these beautiful plants and you’re talking like you don’t know what you’re doing. Are you pulling our legs? Hard to imagine someone building something that big and elaborate and having it look that good and consistent throughout, and not already knowing the answers to these questions. I apologize if I’m incorrect in my assumption, but if it looks too good to be true…:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Hey :wink: had to check what pulling your leg means.
No, I am not being ironic on my questions.
I have a few smaller indoors on my back but this is my 2nd run in this setup (1000+ plants).

This room seems very nice but it has serious problems that makes me a bit hard sometimes to make decisions.

During the grow I rised the ec but at one point I had to stop, as the tip of the leaves were starting to twist (excess of N). But I guess by your advices now the problem is the opposite.

Maybe I lack a bit of confidence and im looking for others opinions, there is never good or bad questions and it is always good to have different approaches.

I am glad that you see nice plants in this setup because I don’t but maybe it is because I have too much my head into the canopy and have difficulties to see the larger picture.

5 Likes

Your mentioning ammonium form of nitrogen caught my attention…Do you know that the ammonium form of nitrogen is MUCH MORE LIKELY TO BURN LEAVES …if it’s possible for you try to substitute more urea and nitrate forms and reduce the ammonium…

FWIW you’re probably going to want to reduce your N and increase P and K going into flower…still need a little nitrogen…

3 Likes

The ferts that I am using carries both forms of N. Of course I want to give enough N before moving to bloom to avoid a deficiency before the end. My meaning was more that now the main nutrient that i am providing is N and it competes with calmag. I suppose that more I will move into bloom more the absorption of calmag will be easy. But yes I usually provide N until the end of the stretch.

Didnt knew that the ammonium burnt much more the leaves than the nitrates form thanks for the info

1 Like

This kind of leave makes me doubt a lot…
2 different plants from different sections but same clone.

The green is dark so I wouldn’t said it is N.
The leaves are old so I wouldnt say that is burnt from the spraying.
Looks like cal for me but giving them 1mg/L week makes me unsure.

Thanks for your time !

3 Likes

To be honest through pictures I have a hard time telling what a nutrient problem could be. To me it doesn’t look like a calmag issue. Your leaves are super green maybe a little too much nitrogen. I just don’t know maybe @PreyBird1 has a suggestion for you.

2 Likes

I just want to add that no water/feeding has been done between the first pictures and the ones from this morning.

Last watering is still 1.6ec

This is why is so hard for me to make a choice between rising or lowering the ec right now…

1 Like

This is so weird… fan leaves. The green is 1 level above the yellow.

Ec is 1.7.

Could the spraying burn the bottom leaves more than the top ones ?

2 Likes

In my experience, when plants have leaves that go totally yellow at the bottom and start working their way up are hungry they are eating the lower leaves to save the top blooming or strong growth of the plant. I see no burnt tips. Burnt tips is the first indication of nutrients hitting max. I shoot for a burn tips. Once you get burnt tips you know your max then you can back down just a little. I don’t know what else to tell you. Doing what you’re doing or doing nothing is not helping. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Agree with Hap…have you told us what your drainage pH is?? With your EC where it is and your green leaves looking good…checking the pH would be high on my list FWIW

1 Like

It is true but as I had before leaves with tip turned down and the green of the leaves is really … dark.

I will do tomorrow a PH drain and post it here.
Bloom is on since Monday so I will push the N on the next watering before start rising the K.

Thanks for the feedback…

We found some white mold growing on top of the soil so I sprayed today with h2o2 at 3%, then released some beneficial insects against spidermites.

It is not an easy task as I am alone taking care of this setup. The rest of the team is harvesting outdoor crop.

Thanks for your help and advices it is truly a good support

1 Like

I’m still having a hard time with this thread. I go back and look at the first pictures you posted and this time I noticed this picture.

Looks to me like a TWO-STORY grow. And I can only speak from common sense. But if I had a grow that size, $100,000+ grow, I would think there would be somebody that knows exactly what they’re doing on site maintaining the crop. I just can’t imagine everybody leaving to go do the outdoor harvest which should not take a week and leave someone at this grow that doesn’t have the experience to maintain it.

I’m sorry but I am having a very hard time with this…:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Except underlining the difficulties that I have maintaining the indoor alone, indoor that by the way I haven’t designed, I still don’t know what is shocking in the screen that you have done, maybe could you be more precise?
I dont have the pretention to say that I am an expert grower I just try to do the best that I can, being alone.

Also, some people pointed the fact that it could be an excess of nitrogen, you think that it is a deficiency. Maybe pointing the things that seems obvious for you and not for a noobie like me could help me to grow my knowledge. But at the end it is your decision to share or not :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You sound sincere enough. I’m just having a hard time wrapping my Around it.

Just curious, is this a two-story facility. That red arrow is pointing to what looks like a whole Nother level of plants.

I sincerely hope you figure out what your problem is. You have a huge investment there if this is yours. It would be quite a loss if it failed.

Another question that might be helpful for diagnosing. Are you finding these problems throughout all the plants in the grow or just a few of them?

3 Likes

Indeed, it is a multilevel grow.

But please, if you see obvious things to improve or change feel free to tell them.

People harvesting won’t be here for the next 2 months, they are 5 to harvest, dry and process 24k plants, but this is another story. I am on my own with this setup.

I’m not saying that the choices of the company are good but it is what it is… not my investment…

I just love growing and improving and always try to do my best…

Edit: I found this in all the plants but in some strains/phenotypes more than in others (there is 2 strains here and 4 different phenos)

2 Likes

Are they all on the same watering system?
The reason I ask is one of your phenos might like more or less nutrients than another.
Put up more pictures up close of what the problem is on the plant and then back a few feet further to show the whole plant or area of plants different angles. Looking at individual leaves hanging from a branch tells what that leaf is having a problem with but it’s not telling when. Always look to new growth to see where your plan is at this moment. If you have already posted But can you re-post what kind of nutrients you are using. All of them. Growing media too.

Here’s a couple questions for you.
How is the new growth looking?
Can we get a picture up close of a top or a couple even?
Is the leaves that are curling fading dying increasing in numbers or is it the same leaves progressively getting worse?

You might be passed the problem already. Can’t tell without seeing new growth.

2 Likes