Deficiency ? Red stems, leaves marcked

Hi guys, in one particular strain the leaves are all marked. I suspected a mg deficiency but watering with calmag 1mg/L didnt changed. Also folliare spray same dosage no changes.

A lot of my stems are redish.
Veg 2, ec 1.4 ph 6.2, 28/29°C day - co2 1500ppm -, 21/22° night.
RH% 65/75%

Thanks for your help !

4 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

??? 1 mg/L really???

You do realize that is 1 ppm…why would you expect to see any effect at that dilution ratio???

3 Likes

Nutrients your using, genetics or possibly pathogen. What strain is it?

2 Likes

My bad, 1mL/L

2 Likes

The nutrients that I use are those ones

https://theazimut.ch/bluegiant/

• calmag atami
  • mycorrhizae
  • tricoderma

The genetic is Harlequeen cbd, 1% thc.
It is weird because I have 2 mothers of this strain, one is like this the other one is fine. But it is something that I would like to fix…

4 Likes

@leopoldobetesh I went out on the I internet for Harlequin cbd pics. And it shows some red stems. Maybe it’s a natural characteristic of the strain.
Your girls look good as they are😉

3 Likes

if I understand it right “red” stems is a gene thing not a nutrient thing

3 Likes

I agree, but this red stems appear also in other strains. Trying to reduce the difference of temps during day and night…

2 Likes

Purple or red stems can have various meanings. Nutrient deficiencies, genetics.etc. I was told that those leaves should be removed because no nutrients can be transferred through them to the plant & is taking nutrients away.
But, then I see where some plants just carry that color.
If the plant acts & looks healthy I don’t think I would be to concerned. If it seems weak & notlooking good remove them.

3 Likes