Defoliation - canna cribs

have watched many “cann-cribs” never have/has anyone (commerical cultivators) say if they defoilate or not- please folks chime in. my thought are that IF cultivating indoors defoliation is a must. ?

4 Likes

Hi hawkman!

Very very short: defoliation is never a must, but highly recommended to increase yields and to make the plant produce larger colas. The idea behind it is quite simple: you allow more light to hit and penetrate deeper into the plants’ canopy resulting in the above.
By defoliating you also create a better airflow inside and underneath the canopy which is beneficial, among other things, in pest control.

I could write a lot more about defoliating but that would be kind of a waste of time since there is already a lot to be found on the web. You could have a look at these articles to start with, from growweedeasy.com:

Happy growing!

:v: :monkey:

9 Likes

@HawkMan hey use this search glass first to find info and it will filter the threads with the search info your after. If you cannot find your info then make a thread. Because this thread will get burried or deleted due to not enough content/active posts and it is or isnt worth keeping the thread alive so the system automatically bumps threads that are not active into our moderator screens and gets archived and or deleted to save server memory. This is why we always do journals so we dont lose important information. Because If someone has some good advice or help it may get lost in here when this thread goes inactive/dormant. So we all need to keep the important threads and not make to many threads with redundant info. Not trying to lecture you about threads man just letting you know whats going to happen. I forget to check the search bar sometimes also, we all do it. So i just try and tag people in to help me out.

9 Likes

Thanks for all your help - can’t beat “GrowersNetwork”

5 Likes