Did I make a whoopsie

Ok so I went from my vege grow rooms being full of lush new growth a few days back to a site of horror. I gave a very small trim clean up to all my plants about 6 days ago then I did an insect spray 3 days later due to spotting a few thrips. Could have come in with the new soil I bought and repotted with about 5 days prior. Yesterday I walked in and this is what I found

These are clones that are about 5weeks old and have been growing extremely strong until this point. I have not changed my watering schedules, nutes etc. Two separate rooms did the same thing that are over 20metres apart. Could this be due to the cooler temperature at night this last week? Or did I maybe overdo the insect control. For whatever it’s worth this is what I used, not sure if anyone on here would be familiar with it
Growing in a potting mix with coco and perlite mixed in. Only been feeding general hydroponics maxi grow so far.
Any insights would be great.

3 Likes

Did you spray during lights on? Or off?

3 Likes

Ahhh good point always spray lights off. Or it will or can burn plants.

2 Likes

I would not use that again there are a lot better things you can get that are safer like. Spinosad! @hoppiefrog told me about it and it works great. But i dont think it works on spider mites?? Mabe hoppie will come and chime in.

3 Likes

I sprayed 5 mins before lights went out for a 4 hour period. Do you believe this could be a burn? I had thought maybe it could be that. Although I typically give my plants a misting of liquid seaweed and water every couple days and have never had the problem. Could the insecticide be more susceptible to burning on a short light out period? I have just changed from 6hr darkness to 4hr

2 Likes

Very limited with products here in nz. Half the products everyone has ever recommended me have not been available in nz or even able to get someone to ship to nz

1 Like

That is totally burned. And i would not use it again.

This is what works for me.

2 Likes

Ok great thanks mate. New to the indoor stuff so been doing a lot of trial and error for the 12 months

1 Like

I will see if I can find it with shipping to New Zealand. Cheers mate

1 Like

Make sure you keep up on bugs. I just got hit with thrips and they ripped up my plants. So far i have had to deal with fungus gnats,thrips, and spider mites. All came in with medias bought from stores. Damn its easier to maintain then take out an infestation. Its not fun. And spraying the underside of leaves is really easy… NOT!

Nice where abouts in new zealand?
Im from tokroa myself!

Oh yes I had spider mites last grow. Absolute pricks.
From the lower north island. A place called Palmerston North

1 Like

Very nice mate. Always good to see another kiwi here.

1 Like

Azamax works way better and is also safe to use. Do not spray after 2nd week of flower if u have at least 8 weeks of flower .or you will taste it:( . I would use a multi prong attack for mites tho . Spinosad will help f em up;) also will spraying with water believe it or not.they don’t like water at all.even high humidity slows them down. Rose water would help as a third product rotate the three over a three day cycle and repeat daily for 2-3 weeks poof no bugs :wink: if in flower order some preditor mites, californicus kills for sport after they are full!!

4 Likes

Just to be clear one spray a day one product at a time :wink:

4 Likes

Lol wow could you imagine all at once.

1 Like

It would likely be a waste , and possibly add to resistance.those buggers will become immune to anything that don’t kill them. And best to hit them daily they breed fast. You don’t want the larvae to become breeders ,I think it’s a 1-3day cycle from end of larvae state to breeding age.

4 Likes

Oh damn man I didnt see the part about you being for tokoroa. Finally another kiwi to talk to! Everyone just recommends me American products all the time and you know how hard that is I’m sure haha

3 Likes

Thanks for your input too man! Appreciated

3 Likes

I would look into living soil (no till) you will be able to buy what you need to grow too shelf buds :wink: it’s just malted barley, coconut water, Alo flakes,crab meal and compost (three types) same easy schedule from start to finish :wink:

4 Likes