Does anyone know the scientific term for this growth?

The knot development.

4 Likes

Are you referring to the little knuckle bump or the actual branch section. In general where the branches come out are called nodes. There’s nodes and internodes. Beyond that I’m not much help.

I’ll tag @macgyver_stoner he might know or at least know who might over here.

2 Likes

The swolem growth on the branching of the node. I cant figure it out and its driving me crazy lol

2 Likes

I don’t know if there’s a actual term for it. I’m sure there probably is but it’s definitely not a commonly used one if so. I’ll go do some Google searching in a few and see if I can find anything.

4 Likes

Ive been looking around , but no good answers yet. Figured i would use the forum to my advantage lol

3 Likes

Plants have biceps :muscle:

2 Likes

That’s a healthy swollen node. What silica are you using?

4 Likes

No silica supplements. Just training. But man they are wired swole lol

2 Likes

Yeah they are! In what medium are you growing?

2 Likes

She’s in cyco Coco and perlite. In a 10 gallon cloth pot.

3 Likes

Hi @coldkey, nice to meet you. I grow in ProMix HP and was wondering, do you like that Cyco brand of coco? Do you like coco as a medium? Have you tried any others? I haven’t tried hydro yet and am considering it. I have a friend that is dying to send me a bucket that he made, so I will honor him and try it out. I have never grown hydro before. Well, I start clones that way, but that’s it, lol.

3 Likes

Looks like u have a knuckle where u stressed the intersect.

When I train a plant I get knuckles as well. I don’t k ow that it’s a scientific term but it’s what they are called.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Kens kush has absolutely massive knuckles (GDP)

2 Likes