Does tolerance to specific phenos= burnout/tired

I had a conversation with a educated local grower that tells me there is a direct connection between tolerance to specific phenos/strains and how tired or burntout one feels. if one smokes a strain with new genetics that one has not consumed in some time it is said that the reaction would be more uplifting untill the point of tolerance is achieved.this could also be the reason why landrace genetics are so important to modern breeding programs.just a thought , happy to hear your on this as i have only heard this theory a cpl yrs ago as a suspicion. But my buddy says theres solid research now:) if anyone knows of one of these studies id love to read it myself (im not that net savvy :wink:

3 Likes

Not sure about tolerance, but I have been figuring over the past few years that I’ve got an allergy to really hoppy beer. It makes my nose and throat stuff up and makes me tired. Any time I smoke something that has similar terpenes to hops (Myrcene, caryophyllene and humulene) it made me feel stuffed up and tired too.

3 Likes

Here’s some reading for you :

3 Likes

Tks brother ill read them later td;) (im watching my mail box for my seed order its here td)

3 Likes

Watched parcels never arrive… you do know that… like a pot of water boiling…

4 Likes

Haha ive been checking every 5-10 mins lol for a week or two it seems. After this summers mail b.s. im on it hahaha. Ill finally have some shit tg this week to tk ppl :wink: check out Dominion seeds granny skunk,skunk band and munson .

2 Likes

Here @hoppiefrog , this articles seems to be exactly what you are talking about.

3 Likes

That’s very interesting. I notice that my tolerance changes from harvest to harvest of the same strain. For instance, My previous harvest of Snake Venom doesn’t have that same hard-hitting effect like my new harvest of SV. Although it’s probably because my harvest have been getting better and better since meeting you wizards… so never mind. :joy::rofl:

1 Like

You may be talking about the other wonderful growers in this forum. I have only been at this for 3 indoor grows. Just like you I’m getting better at it, thanks to all the guidance I get from the people here.
Far from being a wizard, I see myself more as an over-enthusiastic puppy!!

But seriously, last summer I grew 3 different strains to try to offset that tolerance thing. Now I switch strains every 2 to 3 weeks when I smoke. That seems to do the trick for me…for now!

2 Likes

Absolutely brother! I smoke a different strain almost everyday, if I can. I usually have about 5 different strains to choose from. Garlic Cookie, Snake Venom, Northern Lights Blue, Sugar Black Rose, and Flintstones. I’ll be adding Death Star, Sherbert and Dosi G to the mix this next harvest and scrapping NLB.

To your point about growing knowledge, the cool thing about growing is that I bet there’s a ton you can still teach me even though you’re just starting out as well and that’s based on how you were taught or the things you’ve learned in the short amount of time you’ve been growing. I’m truly like a sponge bro. If I hear or see something new that I haven’t seen or heard before I definitely take it into consideration and research it. Whether it came from someone who’s been growing for 10 years or someone who’s been growing for a year.

3 Likes

Great article!

2 Likes