Durban Poison – WOW

2 days ago one of my ladies sustained injury from the effects of Hurricane Laura, broke one of the stems of a Durban Poison plant (100% Sativa). She was within 14 days of harvest (trics about 95% milky looking). I took action and put a splint on the break and tied her upright. Yesterday I found a trace of mold on a bud from the injured stem.

I removed the molded bud and another one next to it from the cola, cleaned off the mold (just a few dark damp pistils) and dried the buds with a fan for about 18 hours. This morning the wife and I smoked that baby with our morning coffee.

The buzz was outstanding. After 3 hits the buzz started coming on so we agreed to put that bad-boy out and within a few moments we started chatting like a couple of magpies, which was followed 10 minutes later a body energy telling us to get up and do something physically. She made breakfast and I went out to check out thingz in my herb garden.

Conclusion: I’ll know more in a about a month, but It appears that Durban Poison is a great morning or early afternoon smoke, and will make a welcomed gift to take to a party to share with friends and family.

Spark up

7 Likes

Good read. At least you didn’t loose much

2 Likes

That description is one of the reasons why I don’t care about waiting for amber trichs. I need to stay awake and lucid.

1 Like

The timing was perfect, we were down to our last jug of last years smoke, Hawaiian Skunk, which is a great strain, but after a few week straight smoking the same thing, its time for a change.

1 Like

I’m with you, I try to raise 2 ladies of the same strain, harvest one at white trics and the other I wait a couple weeks and then harvest, my am and pm smoke.

2 Likes

Durban Poison is THE go to strain in place of coffe. The stuff is great. I smoke some almost every morning. And will be growing it soon.

3 Likes

That is a good strain. I hope to get some growing next spring!

2 Likes

Hey @garybo

I must ask. Where did you get your seed from?
Is it from SA :south_africa: or a seed bank?
DP has always been a Fun and Enjoyable day time smoke, with all the giggles and muchies.

Happy Growing :seedling:

3 Likes

The strain was bought from Seedsman, though I was disappointed in the CDB seeds I bought from them. This next season I"m going to try True North, which will be the 1st time with them. I hear they are a “go to” company.

1 Like