Early flower.. wondering what to do

Hello all! I live in southern Ontario Canada and the June weather was pretty cold (days around 16-18 Celsius and nights as low as 12 Celsius). I put two plants outside for the season to enjoy the sun and the weather must have made one start to flower… the past week or so the weather has warmed up a lot and the days have gotten longer and I was hoping to see it re veg a little bit but I’m starting to think it is going to stay in flower… should I keep waiting it out or start to apply my bloom boosters? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

7 Likes

V6KD

Welcome to GN @davesnothere :grin:

Let’s see if some growers know how you can handle them flowering girls :wink:
@macgyver_stoner @tdubwilly @Bogleg @myfriendis410 @hoppiefrog

5 Likes

Hello fellow farmer welcome;) if I had to guess I’d say that you have a autoflowering plant there.i live in Nova Scotia where it’s been cold as well I have never seen a photo period flower this early in the season where did u get her ? Was it a seed?

5 Likes

Thank you!! This is by far the most welcoming forum I have been a member of. I should have at least six weeks of sun light over twelve hours so I’m hoping she grows a little more… This is one of two plants I put outdoors for the first time this year now that it is legal! Any input on things I can do to help the girl along would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

5 Likes

She’s a Dinfem Purple Orange CBD plant. I love their genetics especially because I’m big on higher cbd content and a more mild thc content… I have another Purple Orange cbd growing indoors which is veging normally and they were in the same container… I guess mistakes could happen during packaging… I really hope not!

the purple orange cbd is on the right and came in the same little container as my outdoor one.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Growers Network @davesnothere!

Outdoors can trigger flowering earlier than indoors because at sunset you get more far red. So if it was close to 12 hours of darkness when you started her outdoors, this could be the reason, even if by your eyes she was getting a long light period.

If it is indeed not a autoflower and the days are getting longer, leave her out there and she will eventually reveg. You will likely get a “monster cropped plant” and will get a lot of new tops growing out where heavy bud sites seem to have started.

happy growing,

MacG

5 Likes

I suppose that’s the same properties that gives a quick change over to flower if you use lots of blue for veg and hold off on the red till a week before flower and hit them w as much red with a 10% blue spec as possible (without wasting light)

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I had thought the same for one of mine. It seemed to take a long time before it looked like it was back in veg mode again. Yours may just be similar.

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! Your advice makes a lot of sense, our sunsets have been very red this summer.

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! How is the weather where you are growing?

4 Likes

Conversely, short-day plants may be induced to flower by a single flash with pure FR light at the very beginning of the dark photoperiod, after turning off all other lights. This effectively adds a couple of hours to the dark period for the purpose of flowering, which can be used to extend the light period for growth and optimize plant yields as a result.

Happy growing and reading,

MacG

5 Likes

Sweet tks man I like the info

4 Likes

I knew you would!

~MacG

3 Likes

Call me the eager beaver (as Canadian as maple syrup;)

5 Likes

I am running between a 72 and 86 average right now. I hit close to 90 for a couple hours and then the temps drop. I am indoors.

4 Likes

Welcome @davesnothere! You’ve met most of the folks chained in the basement I see haha!

4 Likes

Thank you for the welcome! Everyone here seems awesome and very smart! I am definitely sticking around!

5 Likes

I live in Southern Ontario and photos start to flower from Aug 7 to Aug 15 with a Aug 21 date for being able to sex… I would say you are growing autos like @hoppiefrog says… and Biddy Early and Early skunk has flowered July 25ish on me… why they finish early…

3 Likes

Hey everyone just a little update… no signs of reveg yet. Starting to pack on more bud and I am soooooo tempted to start my bloom nutes and see what happens… here’s a couple pics

2 Likes

Go to bloom but you said reveg… did you flower it indoors… and if so what geographical area are you from…

3 Likes