Earth and Sun (Newbie's intro)

Hi there,
We are new here hoping to gain perspective and knowledge while contributing to the knowledge pool from our experiences thank you for reading on.

We are a couple in SW Florida trying our hand in producing sustainable naturals for small space living. Our experience as botanists is pretty much “Throw it at the wall… if it grows we did good” up to this point. We have successfully grown more than 40 Jackfruit from the grocery store bought jackfruit bought off the shelf. We have given away a bunch and still have 16 Jackfruit trees left standing about 5’ tall… I have no idea what we are going to do with all of these crazy things! Lol.

Sunny has a green thumb… if she touches it expect multiplication! I will science my way through with measured solutions that have specs.

In our garden of sorts we have Dragon fruit, Mango, Avocado, Tomatoes, green onions, Lavender, German Thyme, Lemongrass, Peppermint and Spearmint, German finger lime, Bananas and of course basil (Who doesn’t have basil?) Lol.

We definitely need help in trouble shooting problems. We had a bout with white flies that No amount of neem oil could possibly solve and lost plants do to infestation!

Any ho, please introduce yourself and we will definitely be back to share in our experiences and absolutely be picking your collective brains for better methodology!

Thanks for reading, look forward to chatting!

8 Likes

Welcome to GN folks. Lots of good people here indeed. Oh we grew lemon grass wow it’s tough as hell to get ride of or chop down… Anyway smells nice Glad to meet you folks and have a great night…

2 Likes

Thanks, It not only smells nice but makes fish taste AMAZING! For my birthday we chartered a boat and pulled in some nice grouper and snapper. She doctored it up with herbs from our garden and some store bought lemon (We don’t have a lemon tree yet… lol) and it came out AMAZING!

3 Likes

Can’t recall what we even planted it for lol was a reason been so long ago and grew crazy. Hard to knock it down and get ride if it.

1 Like

Hi @earthandsun

Welcome to GN, very glad to have you here. Sounds like an amazing garden and lifestyle you have going. A suggestion for fish that we use is to barbeque it wrapped in banana leaves. Its seriously power. Are you growing cannabis in your garden, its a great companion pant.

2 Likes

hi! i am new here too. loved your intro! i truly believe in the throw it at the wall theory. cant wait to see what you grow

3 Likes

Welcome to GN.
Vast knowledge of some great people here.
Stay Growing!

2 Likes