Educational opportunities online or in southern Ontario

Hi. I’m not sure if this is the best location for this post so please forgive me if this is not the proper location. I have been looking into education options for a few of my team and if the results are good I may go myself as I really like the idea of learning from someone again. Its been awhile since I’ve been doing my own thing and with the exception of a few places like this one there aren’t many options for discussion in any real detail. Would anyone know of any credible options for education in this industry? Preferably they would cover in detail all aspects of the cultivation,curing and processing including extraction. Any information and suggestions are as always greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your looking at sending people out of Canada for that. It’s just to new here.
There lots of cannabis business courses, but you’re not going to find a reputable growers training course. Your best bet is going to find a farm that is similar to yours and develop a relationship with them. See if you can do a form of internship for your growers. That would be my recommendation.

1 Like

You are right, @bryan.eden and @mvbreleaf: there is a decided lack of quality information available about growing out there on the web. Often, you discover conflicting information that can lead to detriment to your crops. You can’t afford crop loss in today’s rapidly evolving cannabis industry. GNET is here to the rescue!

I am proud to announce Growers Network is in post-production of an online educational video series. For the first time ever, growers will be able to access a library of how-to videos about everything pertaining to cultivation – all from the source of reputable cultivation information you have come to know and trust: Growers Network. Our high-quality video series will cover everything from the basics to highly advanced grow knowledge. We are going to give you all the knowledge you need to harvest cup-winning crops every time!

We’ll be sure to let you know when this educational series drops!

3 Likes

I believe I’ve already been seeing some of those popping up on the Facebook page. Absolutely brilliant idea!
Gone are the days of asking your local hydro shop hippy-age grower weather or not chicken blood is a smart additive to your nutrition regime!
Here are the days of GNet and social networking!

2 Likes

We are working hard to launch our first courses by end of year. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Hey man, easy there, I was a retail hydro store employee not all that long ago! I think there is a lot of practical information you can learn from a face to face conversation with a grower, but there is a very real need out there for standardized cultivation knowledge that can help dispel long-held cultivation myths. These courses will be a way for growers to be aligned in knowledge. It’s a very exciting development for the cannabis industry!

1 Like

In my research over the last few months of and on i e found a few options. For us in southern Ontario the most reputable would be the course offered by Niagara college. A very well respected organization. However as the only such course it filled and acquired a long waiting list immediately. Now an online option would for obvious reasons be the most accessible and convenient way to learn but could be very easy for someone to come out of the course with solid theoretical knowledge but little to no ability to apply what they have learned. There are a few online educational sites that look to offer a fair bit of useful information. Would anyone know anything about those? Specifically oaksterdam and Green cultured.

2 Likes

The olds collage has an online program that sounds perfect for you.
https://www.oldscollege.ca/programs/continuing-education/horticulture/cannabis-production-program-level-1/index.html

I have signed up for the first prerequisite but haven’t had the funds for the rest so don’t be taking all the seats on me!

2 Likes

I’ll be looking into it for sure. If it works out I’ll be sure to save you a spot

2 Likes

Sorry for the late response on this. A friend also lives in Ontario and mentioned this one which is a series of evenings I believe.

2 Likes