Enzymes, Mycorrhizae and Micropes Oh My

When using supplements like Tarantula, Piranha, Voodoo Juice ect…
Do you like to mix and let sit for 12 maybe 24 hours before using ,or do you just add them and water them in ?
What’s your opinions on this ?
Thanks

3 Likes

I’m assuming you are aerating the mixture during this period?

5 Likes

Myself I’ve been just mixing and watering in.
Was wanting to hear some others methods on this .
I’m always looking for a better way !:+1:

2 Likes

My concerns are a anaerobic environment and the not so good microbes proliferating.

4 Likes

How bout the occasional " violent " shaking :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe, lol, But airstones and aquarium pumps are cheap and would probably keep the conditions the healthiest.

4 Likes

I run the air snakes now… so much air gets into to it and easy to clean… the air stones can get bad bacteria if you have it and are really porous… the air snake just bleach if really bad and throw it back in… all ABS or PVC

3 Likes

I have done waste water treatment for 25 years at work… anaerobic is very very bad… but you can take anaerobic bad rain water and inject enough air to make ok… our aeration basins (which hold about 100,000 gal) work this way… the air snake injects crazy amounts if air compared to a stone… so the one from Growers House is awesome… but the one I have has a clip for the worm casting and “tea” bag…

4 Likes

How long can you store rain water before it goes bad ?

1 Like

1 day without air mine stinks bad… but a day of pumping air into it has it smelling fresh…air is your friend and there is no such thing as too much…

7 Likes

I’m using the same methods smoking here. And I can soak my air stone in bleach. It cleans right up.

2 Likes

Growing indoors with advanced nutes ph perfect and Humboldt golden tree and a friend of mine told me to aerate with an air stone 12 hours prior to feeding does it really make a difference I never have and my plants are super healthy…

3 Likes

I’m not entirely sure you need to do that for 12 hours.

But I generally aerate the water I’m mixing while I add nutrients up to the TDS I am looking for, regardless of nutrient brand. And then I’ll let it aerate for another 15 minutes or maybe more, test pH and adjust if necessary before pouring through my soilless media.

If I am doing something more like a nutrient tea with things like bat guano and worm castings, yes absolutely I’d do at least about 12 hours. Probably closer to 24 as I’d prepare the mix daily and let it aerate overnight, and then apply the following day.

~MacG

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification il try aerating during mixing just to see if there’s a noticable difference in my set up anyway I can maximize the grow potential I’m in :+1::+1:

1 Like

I know pH perfect says you can just mix and feed and not worry about pH, but this is with a super pure water like R/O or maybe tap water with a TDS of around 50PPM or less.

There are potential things that could be throwing your pH off in the soil, enough so that your plants don’t look the healthiest.

I would think this is likely the biggest contributor to your plant health, aeration may help, but lack of aerating the mix before application with the nutrients you mentioned probably won’t make a huge difference.

~MacG

2 Likes

I absolutely ph everything regardless

2 Likes

Just started a journal take a look if you could any tips or help would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

This one?

That’s the one👍

1 Like

I’ll take a look when I get a chance, lol, getting caught up on what everyone has posted overnight, lol.

1 Like