Essential Oil Steam Distillation to get Terpenes for Vape Carts

Damn good info…

3 Likes

I’m trying to post good info. A lot of new info has came to my attention over the last 2 years since I started doing this about 4 years ago. I’m thinking about popping a seed the 1st of August and use the trim to make a batch from that to distill. I like this system because after every grow you can distill the trim and the terpene profile will match the strain that was just harvested, and won’t contain PG or VG to screw up your lungs. You will probably see a lot of posts edited with updated information as I keep finding new information.

5 Likes

I received my new lab equipment yesterday, still waiting for a few more things. I just opened the box and nothing was broken, yet!

5 Likes

I saw a DYI Cannatrol on YouTube the other day using a refrigerator , Controller 69 connected to a dehumidifier, and a Inkbird Controller to run a humidifier.

3 Likes

Yeah how long is the fridge gonna last when that smart relay is always turning on or off tje power to the fridge?

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. I was more concerned about the compressor popping. I was just impressed with the idea behind it. I still want a Cannatrol. I picked up some Grove Bags to try out with my next grow. I was wondering how @wow_arizona maintains the humidity in his wine cooler setup.

3 Likes

Man that cannatrol is just freaking amazing! I really like i can just leave the weed in it and its its amazingly perfect every time. Best thing i bought so far!

4 Likes

I plan on getting the cannatrol ordered in a month or two. I just finished up 3 months of PT and haven’t had a lot of time to start a new grow. Later today I’m going to get my new distiller set up and extract Limonene from orange peels. I finally got the heating mantle last night.

6 Likes

One of the coolers has a wood lining (sold as actual humidor) to help.

The house itself has rh of about 46%. The bud is all sealed in Grove Bags and it has maintained proper moisture levels. I have three wine coolers, one sold as proper humidor and have not noticed any difference with quality between them.

6 Likes

Thats cool AF! nacho the chemist! Man im soooooo high right now. Lol i took a fat dab and then a bong rip with a sprinkling of hash! :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Thats pretty cool

4 Likes

I need to go pick up a 1/2 inch wooden dowel to make a wire mesh filter tube for the biomass flask that won’t let the material into the boiling flask. A lady mentioned to me the other day it would help improve the steam into the plant matter. Hard to explain it until I make one, but I’ll post it when I get it made.

4 Likes

After 2.5 hours I finally figured out how to make my filter. Wrap the screen around a wooden dowel the exact size of the bottom hole if your biomass flask, then fold the end of the screen over the top of the dowel, then using a smaller diameter wooden dowel shove it through the top of the biomass flask all the way through the bottom hole of the biomass flask, after it’s shaped you can then put it up into the Biomass filter and it will fit.

7 Likes