Ethos Candy Store grow

Candy Store is the strain

6 Likes

Def following along. Good luck with the new room. Looks good. :+1::v:

6 Likes

Here we go! All 6 seeds popped! Wanted to come home and go to bed but I had to take some time and get these girls in the 1.5" grodan cubes. Besides the humidity control, one other thing Im trying this round is Mykos for the roots. Seems like it should help them get a solid root structure quicker. Humidity in the new tent is holding well at 70-75%. I hooked up an extra 6 inch duct fan I had laying around and got a variable speed plug. Im using the combination of that and the controls on the humidifier to keep it wet. The whole humidity thing makes complete sense and Im looking forward to seeing the difference in growth.

Check out this one seed that popped the cotyledons out even already, shes ready to rip!!

6 Likes

2 of the seeds have cotyledons out now! Hopefully all 6 have them out tonight and Il take a new pic.

5 Likes

All 6 standing at attention!!

8 Likes

Niiice! They sure follow your lead General @chittyhydro :wink:

Just a little heads up for you:

It’s an Instagram contest to win some hydro stuff…

3 Likes

Exciting to see them growing up so quickly! Amazing to see the difference with using a humidifier! I need to grab a switch though to automate the humidifier. Stays high when cool but needs more when it gets warm out during the day. I did put some gh root enhancer in the humidifier tank so they get a small amount while drinking through the leaves. Im also misting 3 times a day with the same plus some hygrozyme. I can see the tap root out the bottom of each cube. I think I transplanted my last round too soon. Puting then in a hugo cube too soon stunted them I think. These are going to wait til there is a good solid root structure before I transplant. I have the viparspectra v300 about 36 inches up right now so they arent overwhelmed but il be lowering it slowly. ! 2CAA8E561951_1583388595156|690x388

2 Likes

5 Likes

Well I may have fucked up big time! Was late for work today and didnt get the humidifier filled or get a chance to spray them. Looks like they dried up and fell over. I just tied them up with some twist ties and watered them to see what happens. Im afraid they are toast though. :frowning:

1 Like

Or i they damped off maybe… doing some research. 1st time adding in a humidifier so may have over done it which seems like it could cause fungus.

Well i removed the 3 from the room. Sounds like damping off by my research. I didnt realize too much humidity caused an issues too. Trying to decide what to do now since that cut my count in half from what I was expecting. I really need to get one of those sensors to turn the humidifier on and off automatically, for now il just keep it on low.

1 Like

I got these following @devjyarn suggestion, they work great are affordable!

1 Like

Thats exactly what Im going to get. I already use the temp controller in my res and other room.

2 Likes

Im back to thinkin the other 2 just dried out. Lost 1 more today and same thing, cube was dry as can be and humidifier ran out of water. I guess I need to stop smoking so much, i keep forgetting shit! Another 1 bites the dust!

1 Like

Little update, got them transplanted into hugos so they dont dry out so fast.

2 Likes

So I think a mouse got those seedlings! Just on break at work and checked in to the video feed and theres a damn mouse in my room trying to get up the higos but they are too big. Fucking bastards! You can see him in between on this pic, he was turning around as i took the pic.

2 Likes

A couple traps should do the trick. :+1::v:

1 Like

Update! They seem to be doing very well! I just started misting with a very weak nutrient solution as well as water with 200ml of weak nutrient solution every few days.

3 Likes

Has the mouse returned, or what is the storie?
Did you fix a hole or did the mouse expire?

2 Likes

I fixed a hole and they are up high enough now that it can’t get to them.

3 Likes