Everything is good until it’s not

Hello all,
Long time lurker, first time poster. I’m having an issue that is giving me a hard time and it’s happening quickly so I’m looking for another opinion. Here is my grow…
Cream Autoflower from Growers Choice sprouted Nov 8th.
Planted in Fox Farms Ocean Forest 3 gallon pot
Using Fox Farm Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom and Cal Mag. Dosing at 50-75% of their schedule.
Spider Farmer 2000 running 20/4 18” from plant.
4” exhaust with Carbon filter
Things were rolling smooth then a few days ago all the new growth tops turned a very light green/yellow. My fan leaf petioles started turning reddish/purple and fan leaves have brown spots forming. pH of soil according to my cheap two prong soil pH tester is 6.2. I watered yesterday with gallon of water with 4ml cal mag, 10ml Big Bloom, 5ml Grow Big and 5ml Tiger Bloom pH at 6.2. I measured the runoff and it was 5.8. So I ran another gallon of water with same nutrients at 6.5 pH. Runoff was at 6.0after second gallon. I’m thinking it’s a Manganese deficiency? Can anyone lend me their opinion and a possible fix. I can give more detail if needed. Thanks a million…

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great growers here to help you. I bet @Slym3r can offer you some advice!

1 Like

Thanks for the timely reply. I appreciate any advice I can get.

1 Like

Could be Mang, Nitro, Zinc, Strain natural… Hard to tell. This plant could just be doing it to freak you out. :laughing:

2 Likes

It does seem a lot like Manganese deficiency imo. I dont really grow autos but I would maybe let her breathe for a couple days(not water her) and then up your cal/mag by an extra 1/4 and see how she takes. Good luck and happy growing :+1:

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback. The brown spots on the fan leaves appear to be getting worse today. I thought it may be a calcium issue at first. With the constant stream of nutrients I would think it’s a pH issue? I would assume I’m giving it enough calcium, manganese and nitrogen…this is a tough hobby when things go crazy with your plants. I have no one to talk to. The guys at the grow store only go so far…thanks again.

1 Like

Brown spots? I missed that. Hmmm… Got bugs? Is the humidity too high (mold)?

1 Like

I’ve seen a couple gnats but I have a sticky trap that gets them. My inline exhaust fan has a temp humidity monitor…see pic. Never had any mold in my basement and this is only the third plant grown in this setup since June.

2 Likes

Looks like Calcium

And another possibility:

2 Likes

Calcium, phosphorus and manganese all look similar…hard to tell. The really like green/ yellow leaves on the bud sites looks to be an iron issue? There is all of these in the Fox farm nutrients. This has to be pH related. What pH do you water at and what pH runoff do you collect? Thanks again…the noob has spoken.

4 Likes

In soil? My Ph is 7.2 So is my filtered water, naturally from the filter. A 6.~ Ph is for Hydro I think.

1 Like

I havent run any autos yet. Let’s ask some others.

@repins12
@automatik
@Tygrow78

My guess would be ph as well. I’ve had similar issues. Crunchy leaves from my ph being to high.
It only takes one non ph’d watering to damage the plants here. My nutes level ph on their own. A brand called love trees.

2 Likes

Hello, how many ml’s of cal mag per gallon are you using now? Is it every feeding. In my opinion I would keep doing what you are doing up your cal mag to about 3.5 ml’s per gallon and buy a package of recharge. Within 24 hours of using the recharge you should see some results. This is just my opinion. I can’t see the whole plant but once you get back on track defoliate her some. No need for a bunch of leaves taking your nutes and energy.

6 Likes

Sorry that wasn’t for you obviously. Past my bedtime.

1 Like

This one?

1 Like

Yeah I’m using this now.

Foxfarm makes a great nute. It was just so many bottles for me. I would use calmag and amino acids every feeding with foxfarm. A tsp to 2 tsp during the grow. Everytime I would nute.

Whats the difference between them?
I saw that one of the products is made of liquefied poop from cows, horses and chickens. That’s the kind of stuff I like, natural. Are you happy you switched?

1 Like

Its worked well thus far. Much easier to concoct. Takes about 10 mins to mix up.

I havent finished a grow with it yet. This is the first round. In flower with it now.

1 Like