Everything is good until it’s not

I just read about iron deficiency. The pics sure look like what I’m experiencing. It said that iron deficiency can come from over salinity in soil so I think I may need to do a flush. I haven’t done a full flush yet. I’m growing in 3 gal fabric pots so should I run 5 gallons through it? Making the last gallon a fertilized gallon?
BTW…I add 3-4 ml of cal mag/gallon every feeding. I bought Canna Terra nutrients for my next grow. Guys at the grow store spoke highly of them. Less salt…

1 Like

I do 2 fertigation and 1 water per week. Maintain a normal Flushing thruout the grow.

Your just using the 3 part foxfarm?

Thats the foxfarm line up i ran the first several grows.

6 Likes

Never grown an auto before @Slym3r. I like my Reg and Fem photo seeds only.
:v:

2 Likes

Yes I’m only using the three part Fox Farm lineup plus cal mag. Here is an update pic as of this morning. The pale green yellowing seems to be getting better but the fan leaves are noticeably worse.

Thanks again for the support…

3 Likes

When I have these issues it was due to my ph. After I fixed it I havent had crunchy leaves again.

That would be my guess.

Your three part has iron additives. I fed at the normal strength.

Amino acids help the nutrients uptake. Builds cell walls better. Makes a better straw for the plant to drink from.

2 Likes

reminds me of glysophate (Round up) damage. Surprised that at nutrient issue could have caused that level of distorted leaves in such a short time

1 Like

I wanted to provide a quick update. I haven’t watered since Saturday evening. It is now Wed morning. I defoliate the plant last night. Didn’t want to get crazy but I cut out all the leaves that had the damage on them and then thinned it out. Plant is doing better but I still see the browning of some other fan leaves. The light yellow areas are looking better…not sure if it was due to last watering with higher pH or the plant just decided to stop pissing me off…maybe it could hear me cursing at it? Lol…So I’m going to flush it today and give it a fairly good (3/4) dose of nutrients during the last gallon of flush at 6.5pH. My tent is 72 degrees and 54% RH. Any other recommendations? The noob has spoken…

3 Likes

Lookin good. Keep us aprised.

1 Like

So it’s been a full week since my last post. The light yellow leaves are gone which is great but I’m still seeing the necrotic spots. So to recap…a week ago I flushed with 7gallons of 6.5pH plain tap water that was dechlorinated. Then I gave it one more gallon of nutrient solution (Fox Farm Trio lineup plus cal mag) at 75% strength of the feeding schedule. I watered with plain 6.5pH last night. This is not an easy issue to diagnose. I have seen no improvement…it’s been a slow steady decline of the larger leaves toward the top half of the plant.
So now I’m thinking it’s an environmental issue? Manganese deficiency can be caused by substrate temps being to low. (Canna deficiency guide says 68-77) I temped mine and it was 62. My tent runs around 70 so I decided to throw a space heater in the tent and raise temp this week. The tent is currently averaging in the upper 70s and substrate is a few degrees warmer around 64-65. It’s hard to get the soil temps any higher than 65 for some reason. I have been seeing more soil gnats…? I have the yellow sticky traps that gets most of them. I have some neem oil. What the hell is going on…?? Thanks again everyone…

2 Likes

Is the spots only yowards the yop of the pkant where the lights hit most or is it under on all the bottom leaves alsso. Mine looked like that and did all kinds of stuff and turned out to be light burn started out yellow then purple bbrown like yours then the leaf looked dead. Kept working at it for like 2 weeks finally i was told about possible light burn. Whats lights set at heoght power ect. Could be a factor depending on the lower half of the plant if it is the same or diff effects

2 Likes

I have a Spider Farmer 2000. I keep it at 100% power on a 20/4 schedule.

2 Likes

Man that looks calmag problem to me.
Why 20/4 in flower?
@Mark0427

3 Likes

I was just throwing it out there if calmag didnt work. Mine started just like tgat. It was looking same exact start off yellowish then putply brown then rust color look tried everything then covertgrower suggested the light burn cut pwr down raised lights bam problem went away in 3 days beside the discolored leaves that were brown but the yellow went back green and all. Just a thought incase calmag dont work out the problem.

3 Likes

I have a few leaves doing this.
Maybe it is the light.
The brown spots look like calcium but I’m a newbie lol.
If its flower why the 20/4
@Mark0427

1 Like

It’s an autoflower hence the 20/4 schedule. I have given it CalMag with every feeding. I usually give 4ml/gal. I have never been stingy with the CalMag…lol. I have lights raised as high as they will go…I can’t think of anything else. I need to research how other have their Spider Farmer lights set up. I was just going by the manufacturers recommendations of 12 to 18 inches from the canopy.

4 Likes

Oh I see.
Sorry I didnt read it all.
I think I’m having some light stress too now lol

1 Like

Autos u can leave on whatever u want them at i do 18 6 the whole way thru my autos

3 Likes

Alot of ppl start autos off at 24 and 0 for 2 or 3 weeks then go to 18 and 6 i just stick with 18 and 6 and they seem to do fine for me

2 Likes