Everything is good until it’s not

I Learn something every day

3 Likes

Me too. Me too. Its super fun tho. I love it. My wife found my addiction for ne. Lol

1 Like

Me too.
I dont really mind problems too much.
I just learn and move on to the next problem lol

1 Like

Im gonna start up my buckets again next grow i have 2 i did one my first grow and it was the biggest buds ive grown so far lol. Best tasting too. I had 4 of them got rid of 2 and kep 2 might run both this go round coming up. Seemed simple enough to me to do. Do an auto in 1 and a photo in 1. I got the black magic grow pails 6 gallon. But i had airstones and my pump i had on a timer so it would spray roots down for 15 min then it stayed off for 30 or 45 i dont remember now lol

2 Likes

I’m gonna beat my buckets with a sledge hammer lmao

1 Like

Whats wrong with them??

2 Likes

Rdwc is better for me.
I dont have enough free time for dwc

2 Likes

Dude at first start with my buckets i change over every 3 weeks as it grows i go to 2 weeeks by the ending its once a week. Just top it off with ro water or nute mix when needed and it was simple as can be.

2 Likes

I went through this all the time when I took on home brewing as a hobby 15 years ago. When Intake on a new hobby Intend to go a little overboard so over 200 batches of brew and millions of thread posts later I was able to win multiple 1st place awards for my beers. One being a statewide contest with 300 different entries. I won 1st and 3rd. Not trying to toot my own horn (well maybe a little) but my point is that this shit takes time and doing this exact thing is what makes us better. I don’t know about you guys/gals but I don’t have anyone to talk to to get advice. My wife and two closest friends are the only ones who know.
So I know it’s all just part of the learning process… Unfortunately this problem has been lingering too long and to be honest I hope it is from the light being so close. That’s the easiest problem to solve…lol. At least the buds are progressing and frosting nicely. This is only the third plant from this tent and I haven’t grown with this kind of equipment in my life…chalk this one up to being the noob.

5 Likes

I can only talk about it here too.
I’m in an illegal state.
Everyone here is very helpful.
Mark locorock mrblue defgrows all help a lot.
You can tag those guys in here

3 Likes

Mark has me thinking light now too

2 Likes

It wont hurt to raise it a bit and turn it diwn a bit to see. If problem starts going green again that might be the cause. I racked my brain flooded the shit out of the plants to get runoff reading all reading were cool. Thought ph meter was broke cause it was cheap bought an apera and same then i heard light. It was all new equipment way more powerful than the blurps i had took a half a grow to get it right but i got my lights all the way raised up and were cut to like 30 percent for a while in veg gradually turned them up now in fliwer i have light 100 percent but still at 7.5 feet in air. I believe i can leave my lights where they are and use the dimmer to control the plant from the way it seeming so far. I love the 260xls but i like these off brand ones too.

3 Likes

I have my light up as high as it’ll go and have turned it down to 80%. I’ll post on Saturday with an update. Thanks again for the help…

2 Likes

my autos are on 12/12 with my photos. i have done this every time they go into flower. it doesnt hurt my grows

3 Likes

I am thinking light burn or possible bugs. Can you give us a close up of the back of a leaf that has the spots? I want to see the character of the spots, is it chewed, burnt, or what…

Do you have a light meter?
Read the light your plants are getting and let us know.
If you don’t have a light meter, then get the smart phone / tablet light meter app that measures Lux because you can convert to micro mols.
The lux measurement is fairly accurate, so you will get a fairly accurate reading.
https://www.waveformlighting.com/horticulture/convert-lux-to-ppfd-online-calculator

2 Likes

Here is a front and back pic of the same leaf.

What do soil gnats do to plants…? That is the only pest I have noticed…
I measured my Spider Farmer light with my IPhone app…at 16” I’m reading 550 lux at 100%. Oddly enough when you turn the light down to 80% the lux doesn’t change…you have to dial it back to just under 80% and then it starts to fall. I have the light now set at 75%. Thanks for your help dude…much appreciated.

4 Likes

fungus gnats lay eggs and the larvae eat the roots of your plants

2 Likes

I think we may have solved it. It seems it was a light issue. The plant is responding nicely to having the light raised higher and turned down to 75%. Leaves are starting to become green again. This plant was sharing the 3x3 tent with another plant which was harvested a few days ago. Now this is the only plant in the tent so I’m able to get it directly under the light and it doesn’t have to share the space. I may back the light down to 60% for a few days to see if things improve even more…still looks like it could be a bit too much light now that’s it directly under the light. The light meter pic is from center of plant near top of the 2 tallest colas. What do you all think about the reading??
I trimmed the bad leaves off again and thinned a bit more. She frosted nicely this week!! Thanks y’all…

5 Likes

@greengrows
Have that one too :v:t2:

1 Like

That’s every rare!

1 Like