Facebook Shuts Down Alaska Marijuana business pages

A blow to the Alaska folks. Have any of your Facebook pages been impacted?

3 Likes

SHESH! Facebook has done this in Arizona also. Just last year it shut down all dispensary pages on Facebook. Also if your “flagged” on Instagram you can be removed from there also. Reason is Facebook is against cannabis right now, and facebook owns Instagram. There are safe ways to market your brands and cannabis products on social media without the threat of losing all your content and followers. Contact me and I can teach you social media marketing for the cannabis industry.

4 Likes

Our Facebook was taken down a ways back. We eventually spoke with someone at Facebook and we are now more careful about what we post.

We also had our Instagram taken down at one point.

3 Likes

Did Facebook give you guidelines around what you could and couldn’t post that you can share with us?

2 Likes

Sounds like ShawBee may be offering to provide similar information, but I’ll let you know what they told us.

Basically you can’t post prices or even link to your website if it contains pricing information. Facebook believes that these sorts of posts make their company a “facilitator” of drugs sales, in a way.

2 Likes

Good to know - thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Colorado dispensary Facebook pages are still being constantly shut down. It’s an endless battle of deletion, recreation, deletion, recreation, etc.

2 Likes

Here is a good tactic for cannabis biz to use for social media which is safe and effective. Use facebook, Instagram, and snapchat to funnel your customers to MASSROOTS. Massroots is a cannabis friendly social media outlet which will allow you to post without worry. Everyone can do social media, but to do it right is an art. : ) Happy Growing Canna folk!
PS. There are several ways to rig culture through social media. If you want to see a well done cannabis facebook account, check out The Clear, Concentrates. Success leaves clues!

2 Likes