Favorite growing resource or reference material?

What is your favorite Cannabis or growing reference material? What book do you have that is dog eared and worn from use? Do you use the web? What channels do you prefer?

5 Likes

I like this post. I’m hoping more people reply to it. My favorite sources for growing cannabis are… not related to cannabis. Scientific research papers and scholarly journals with truly credible information are much easier to find for other plant species. You just have to watch out for anything too specific while simultaneously being as biologically/physiologically as specific as possible in your searches. Sometimes the right level of specificity takes reading a more general article and linking yourself to more and more details as you research. There is a large majority of information about growing marijuana that is inaccurate yet very self-assured. I’m sure we all have been observing this for a while. Even ‘grow bibles’ tend to have a lot of potentially misleading information at the very least. Some good info on hemp cannabis does exist, but I find the most revealing and credible information in peer reviewed literature.

3 Likes

My most used books and materials are definitely not directly cannabis related. A few favourites would be…

Teaming with Microbes (The Organic Gardener’s Guide to the Soil Food Web) - Jeff Lowenfels
Teaming with Nutrients (The Organic Gardener’s Guide to Optimizing Plant Nutrition) - Jeff Lowenfels
Dr Elaine Inghams Soil Food Web books and materials - Website - http://www.soilfoodweb.com/
Mycelium Running - Paul Stamets
The Rodale Book of Composting
The Organic Gardeners Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control
The Permaculture Handbook - Mollison & Holmgren
The One Straw Revolution - Masanobu Fukuoka

4 Likes