Favorite Toking Blends

Before I had health issues that ruined my love for tasting different bourbons and scotch whisky’s, I enjoyed toying around with making my own blends. Seeing if I could find my own custom flavor combo was a fun hobby. I tried searching for a thread on here discussing blending cannabis strains and just found a bunch of topics about soil blends. So I figured I’d try and start up a conversation about your experiences with blending.

How many of you blend your different cannabis strains? What are some of your favorite blends? Do they tend to bring each of their individual effects together? Or do they ever bring out something completely different than you were expecting?

In the beginning of my cannabis adventure I blended strawberry cough and blue cookies. It was a wild ride! Haha

8 Likes

What do you mean by that? Do you mean grinding different strains and mixing it together or, grafting a branch from a strain to the stalk of a different strain? :crazy_face:

Personally, I never mixed them yet, but it’s intriguing! Usually, I like to alternate strains. As in a couple of reefers from a strain, the next couple from a different one and so forth…

4 Likes

Yea I meant grinding them together. But I wonder if grafting would work​:thinking::thinking::thinking:lol

3 Likes

We call it “making a salad” lol… I’d take a nice sativa like Jack herrer or blue dream and mix it with a nice fuely indica… The taste is amazing and the high is a rollercoaster lol

3 Likes

“Making a salad” haha I love it!

5 Likes

So many combos you could try… Sometimes I’ll take my runtz and bubba and my friend will have 2 different strains as well and we mix them all together… Sometimes taste isn’t great but man what a high lol

3 Likes

I know the bourbon craze blew up worldwide and craft breweries have been gaining popularity. People seem to be craving new flavors. I wonder if we’ll see something similar in the mainstream cannabis Market. Not necessarily crazy breeding strategies. But just making a bunch of weird and interesting “salads”.

4 Likes

That’ll be tough… I don’t breed but I think finding 2 strains that are compatible are the key… It takes years to make a great F5

3 Likes

Super interesting question. I’ve mixed my strains before but it was out of necessity as I was scrounging.

7 Likes

I called a mix of roaches and weed a salad. You know you are waiting for the man to get home then! Lol

5 Likes

I find there are some mixes that work well indeed but they are few and far between, but one u find them u can do it again.but tbh I find most mixes just muck up the characteristics of both. Just a thought but have u ever made hash cream? Mixing honey oil with hash, I get completely different buzzes from different methods of consumption.try one j with hash cream. And another with same mix but tool oil on paper and hash inside w no oil.you get a completely different experience. Neat

5 Likes

Super question and something I was discussing just yesterday, while sipping a homemade triple infused sugar can rum in a coffee. Yesterday we were discussing tobacco being used as a mix. Its kind of blending and I am addicted to it. It helps the weed burn better, and for me it bitters the taste of weed a little.

Currently blending a cali orange bud with a more african piney outdoor weed. I find the cali o way to sweet for my liking. I probably blend weed more because of stretching good weed than because of the different effects.

Something I have really started enjoying is making alcohol tinctures of cannabis and using a shot in coffee. I find the flavors and aromas are multiplied, plus it gives you a hop in your step.

Just sitting and shaking my head at myself. While I type I am brewing a lovely chocolate stout ( 3 days to go before bottling ) and a copper still sitting right next to it. Really looking forward to firing up the copper still when I get a break.

8 Likes

@hoppiefrog I haven’t tried hash cream. Honestly my experience is pretty much limited to dry herb. I’ve been very curious and interested in other ways of consumption though. I’ll look into it. Sounds pretty cool.

@chrisj I HAVE to try the coffee thing. When I was super into bourbon I thought about making my own still and getting an oak barrel made to age in. Would’ve loved to find out how it would’ve came out. Came close to doing it. Then my colon problems happened and doc said no more :weary:. I miss the flavors but found a new friend in this green stuff we all love to talk about on here haha

1 Like

Northern Lights goes with anything :slight_smile:

3 Likes