Feeding my plants

first time iv posted any thin but here goes im growing outside ben feeding jacks every two days but now they seen a little wilted before the next feeding i was thinking of just giving them a gallon of water on the off days or should i give them full strength jack

7 Likes

We need way more info. How big are they, how much Jacks are you putting in how much water, how much water are you giving them. What are your outside temps etc. And pictures help a lot. In general you should deep water, then let them dry out for a few days then deep water again. It causes the roots to go in search of moisture as the soil drys out, making a bigger root mass which makes a healthier plant. I never use chemical fertilizers in outside grows, it kills all the microbes in the soil.

Marty

8 Likes

Here, copy-paste one of these in your reply and fill out to the best of your ability, helps us a lot like Marty mentioned.

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or (R)DWC:
Nutrient brand:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:
Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Forgot what @Slym3r calls em.

10 Likes

Support ticket

6 Likes

That’s it!

5 Likes

dosi dos and super skunk ilgm seeds
outdoors
in fabric pots
10 gallon i know now its to small
its been around 90
happy frog soil
plants about 7 ft tall
feeding jacks at full dosage
plants look great but look dry after two daysand i dont want to over water
ill try to send you somepictures

4 Likes

IDK why y’all always want to type it like that in a reply, just copy the whole thing, paste it and fill in after the colon “:” …

Much more convenient for us.

And no it doesn’t matter that you can’t complete the whole thing.

4 Likes

eedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):dosido super skunk
Indoor, outdoor:out door
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):90 during the day
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:10 gallon
Soil, Coco, or (R)DWC:happy frog
Nutrient brand:jacks 321
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:
Seed germination date:may 1st
Veg duration:

8 Likes

This will help a great deal!

3 Likes

7 Likes

Sounds like what your describing is the Wilting due to loss of turgor pressure. At 90deg every day they are transpiring heavily, and being monster plants they are pulling a lot of water. After you water them, a couple hours, the wilty leaves and stems pop back Right…This is pretty normal. I would up the water schedule on the in between days, if I was seeing this behaviour. I see this in my veggie garden plants almost every sunny, clear, hot day.

5 Likes

Yep Dogs right more water…could always try a half gallon extra but at 85° indoor at 45% Rh i still eat up 1-2 gallons a day. If the plants are in small bags like 1-3 gallon size pots. Then every 2 days they go through 1.5-2 gallon of water nutrients. In heavy flower same temps its 2 gallons of water per day per 4 plants in 3 gallon planting bags.

6 Likes

there in 10 gallon bags and give 3 gallons of water to get 10-15%runoff with full strenth jacks
should i feed every day or feed one day and just water the next

5 Likes

Full strength Jacks is around 900-1000 depending on your water (mine is 1080)…I want to recommend feeding everytime, but seeing your temps and thinking about evap. and potential salt buildup anyway you can grab a bit of run off every now and then to see what may be happening in the medium in terms of salt build-up. But if your really hitting the 15% runoff, that is effectively a small flush - Jacks is formulated full strength start to finish, I always crank it up (to painted nails) once in flower with ratio and adjunct adjustments.

5 Likes

thanks for all the help iv been growing for 40 years but now that its legal to grow here im growing in
my front yard but iv never grown in pots before im going to go up to 20 gallon pots next year do you think i should go to 25 gallon pots

7 Likes

Make sure you have the plants locked up. easy to steal plants after all the work is done! Watchout several of the folks on here have been robbed of plants.

6 Likes

i know iv had many stolen but my wife is home all day watching them now that they are in my yard

6 Likes

Those look like cloth pots. You could grab some saran wrap and wrap around those pots couple layers, this will hold a lot more moisture in your soil. Just a thought. Cheap, easy and quick.
Another thing to think about, is if you’re watering to runoff every other day and your plants are wilting on the second day, just give them a half gallon of nutrient solution on the days in between to hold them over. Once you go into flower you will probably need to increase this. :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

thanks thats what i was thinking but i did not want to overdose them or have salt buildup

5 Likes

Keep checking the run/off. And every 3 feedings or so, straight water never hurts to prevent that salt build up. Especially if they’re drinking so much and water evaporates so quick in the fabric pots.
Hope the wife is on guard well, nothing as painful as walking up to your plants only to discover someone nicked all your flowers!

4 Likes