Feeding Rooted and Unrooted Clones

Yeah root stumps are not good yet. I tried planting clones at every stage of growth i tried clones from every place on the plant. Arm pits, shoots, tops, middles. With 1 leaf or 2 or 3. and all kinds of ways. I tried cloning in every media type and every way except tissue culture. I tried no rooting hormones. I tried just soil. I tried cup of water. I tried root powder, root gel and the double dip gel then powder. Best and fastest way is aeroponic cloner and heated water and clonex nutrients.

3 Likes

Thats Cool Dude.
I only gave them a 45 degree cut. Half cut some leafs and put them in water with a airstone. When the stubs became visible I added the Multi Kelp and Explogrow. Nothing special. But they still look ok.
Update after work today

3 Likes

I went with the clonex solution on my last clones and they did amazing @docdre. Do you think you could find it in S.A.?

2 Likes

I will highly recommend to not cut the leaves , you will speed up the rooting process ; and food or not food doesnt make difference in rooting time , so i guess i will go with nutes to keep them green ; you have my post about cloning where i did statistic on different methods of cloning on big sample of 1500 clones ; the clones fed with 550ppm from the first day and clones without nutes didnt show any difference in rooting time ; clones without cutting the leaves had 50% more rooted clones in 10-12 days comparing with the clones with reduced leave area …

3 Likes

It must be available somewhere yes. One of my friends got some clonex at the last Cannabis Convention last year. I used my ticket money to by nutrients for my plants. But I haven’t found any on the shelves to buy and I don’t do online shopping.

1 Like

Thanks @eldindupljak
I’m not really into cloning by the masses.
But I will have a read at your post. (Can you please share a link).
I’ve only cut the leafs on the theory of reducing the transpiration from the leafs.
We are never to old to learn.
Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

My first set of clones in my Klonex just started showing some small roots at the bottom. I noticed that in the 10 days since they started, the ph of the water has gone up from around 6 to 7.2. I have a few questions if you dont mind.
Is the ph going up normal?
How often do you swap out the water?
Now that I have some roots, I’m adding Great White to the water, do you add anything else at this point?
I currently have no sign of any bugs, do you use anything preventively in your water or when you transplant or do you wait to see if you need it?

Thanks so much for the pics and info to date, it’s appreciated!

1 Like

1 Like

![image|375x500](upload://Ao

39Pt7VS0JLGfKtJNYgMSEppZT.jpeg)

All I use and I get roots in five days , Then straight to Dixie cups then a 1 gallon and then permanent home

3 Likes

5 Likes

5 days gives tiny roots. Wait longer and there a lot bigger. And then when you transplant they will grow faster due to bigger roots. I like to let mine go like 2 weeks. I like longggg roots before i go into anothe pot.

1 Like

Change the nutrients every week. If you put seedling heat mat underneath the cloner the roots will grow fast. If you put a sumersable fish tank heater in it works a lot better. If your below 72 degree in the water say like 68 degrees you could go 3 weeks without proper roots and just get root spike then your 3 more weeks out. Thats to cold and 83 or higher is a big No. Also depending on what the plant is getting nutrients wise befor it is cloned makes a big difference. Some nutrients dont help root formation when there are no roots. It may help once the pants has roots to grow them bigger. Ive seen 1 guy in the proffesionals side can create roots in 3 days amazing. I usually hit roots in 7 days. But i like to wait 2 weeks depending on how soon im cycling. my grows.

4 Likes

I changed out their water tonight. Found 3 that rooted nicely.

And I took out 3 cuttings that looks very weak.

4 Likes

So I decided to plant whatever clones has roots. It ends up to be 3 clones with roots. Not exactly sure what they are yet. I just mixed the cuttings when I made them. I will see and smell what they are, when the grow up a bit.
I inoculated their roots with Mycorrhizal fungi and planted them in my soil. And put them in my bedside cupboard. Under the same 2 cfl globes.

They are also showing small new growth. It’s difficult to get good close up shots with my phone. But here’s one.

4 Likes

They have been on 24 hour light since I planted them. I changed the light to a 18/6 schedule, 1 day ago. I have also changed the CFL globes to 6500k Cool White 20W globes.

I have even noticed some smal white roots at the bottom of the pots. Can’t get a good upside down picture :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

It wont hurt to have roots come out of the pot. Just transplant it.

2 Likes

I want to keep them inside under the 18/6 light for around another week or so just to give them some bigger bodies to work with. Then I will transplant them and put them outside to flower.

3 Likes

I have added this heat pad on Tuesday the 31 March.

The clones with the new heat pad.
The 2 clones on the outside are just swapped around between the first and second picture.

They seem to be loving the heat pad.

I had to take 1 LED globe out because of excessive heat, with the added heat pad.

5 Likes

So the clones went out today. Into my big pots.
Hope All Goes Well with this cold and wet weather we are having.

They had some good roots. I added some more Mycorrhizal fungi in the transplant.

In their final pots.

6 Likes

You should add manure to your soil mix. You should try a free sample from @idacal organics. I have some and its amazing for adding to any soil recipe ask @hoppiefrog he loves it also. I had it in my inventory and hoppie used it for some plants that were hungry. So i tried it also and wow. It was so good i orded a 50 lb bag. In 2 orders. Great stuff.

https://idacalorganics.com/proven-cannabis-soil-recipe

5 Likes