Feeding the Girls while in flower

What are some of you feeding your girls when in flower?
Do you add extra Nitrogen?
All y’alls buds look amazing!
Looking for pointers…

1 Like

I continue nitrogen into late flowering. Reasons besides the stretch period, is that nitrogen in my opinion is still needed for flower production. Also keeps the leaves greener for a little longer, to make bigger flowers. @bobette

4 Likes

You need some N in flower. But it needs to be reduced. I’ve tried explaining that ALL NPK is needed during the whole grow. Just at varying levels. But its hard to convince some of the know it alls.
xTkcF3lXjQebK7N3RS

6 Likes

MK3_Pharms Brings up a very important part, you do need to reduce nitrogen, because too much locks out phosphorus and potassium. But finding that sweet spot is important.

5 Likes

Thank you for the lessons.
What are some of your favorite nutrients to add?
Are we aloud to say brands-names??
Is it ok to ask? Just like options and to see what works for other people.

3 Likes

You can name brands all you like afaik. Personnally I use Advanced Nutrients. And Bud Candy is their Nitrogen booster for flowering. Works really well, but a little bit on the expensive side.

2 Likes

@bobette

Of course! We are all here to help each other grow the best possible plants.

4 Likes

I’m currently using two different lines. One is keygrow solutions. The other is royal knight ag. You can’t go wrong with General hydro line. Grab some bio ag full power. O some URB. You are in. Business

3 Likes

I also use nitrogen till late flower than cut it out about about 3 or so weeks before harvest. I also use greenfuse bloombooster on top of the earth juice nutes.

2 Likes

Before you go into transition maybe a few weeks. Start with the bloom booster. The issue with too much N during bloom is it tends to add more vegitative biomass then needed. You jusg need enough N to help the flowers grow. Not the canopy of fan leaves. Remember once you are in flower any fans removed won’t be replaced. The fans power the flower section they are directly attached too.
Long story short we don’t want a lot of N cause it can push the plant to make more vegetative materials over flowers.

Less is more

1 Like

There are few approaches for nutrition management in the flowering stage :

1. 2 - 6 ; 2 weeks of transition period where you keep the VEG formula or you mix half-half with the Bloom formula and then you continue with the Bloom formula ; mostly you can find this type of schedules on the labels of the fertilizers ;
  2. 2-4-2 ; First two weeks of high PK fertilizer the goal is to promote faster flowering and less stretching ; next 4 weeks with VEG formula slightly decreasing and the last 2 weeks with Bloom ; a lot people in the horticulture are using this method ; but for me this method is more art/myth its not proven.
    3)4-4 ; Four weeks of VEG formula , hitting the second week with most N ( 250 ppm of N ) and then slightly reducing until week 4 ; next 4 weeks of Bloom formula ; this is a feeding schedule suggested in most of the studies specifically for cannabis ; cannabis love N , but in most of the regular bloom formulas they have crazy amounts of PK , that extra amount is not going anywhere , especially the P , the cannabis has very low demanding for P in any phase comparing with the bottle suggestions ; look for not more then 80 ppm of P and not more then 250 K in bloom formula .
    I have never seen in my life a study that more P is promoting yield , beside few ADVANCED NUTRITION charts that they look completely unprofessional , like some kid was drawing them with no evidence, references, pre-text or text explanation how they found those results .
2 Likes

Grab the biobizz line up and follow it to a T and you will get fire. They sell a starter pack for $70.00 . Ph it to 6.1

2 Likes

I am totally organic and try and use as much resource from around me as possible. I also dont really have the budget to buy nutes or access to them easily. So here is what I do.

I mulch in flower with dried donkey manure mixed with a little potash.
Make teas of mollasses, dandylion and compost.
Going to collect some kelp from the coast soon to make a tea too.

And that is about all I do to make big fat buds from good african hybrids.

2 Likes

Hella ya good ole comfrey tea :wink: there’s lots of great resources all around us .I had a friend they just used the water from cooking his vegtables and what not. And compost he grew great weed (he was also a educated horticulturalist) he taught me to be passionate and the plants will love u back, a great lesson

3 Likes

Ahhhh yes, comphrey to. Good ole comphrey. Works for wounds while working. My girlfriend lives by comphrey, its her healing herb. Totally about the love, touch your plants,good energy, love them and they love you back. Actually have a sign in local dialect, Skukuza Ngodlame, means No Bad attitude.

3 Likes

Your right they sense aggression and bad energies like all living things. Don’t feed them sour energies and they will be nice n sweet on harvest day;)

2 Likes