Finding sex

I found that if you are growing indoors, when the plant is about four to six inches high one can expose them to a blue light for up to 24 hrs it will show its sex in one to two days.

1 Like

Only way I know of is forcing it into flower by flipping light schedule to 12/12… The plant won’t show sex until it starts flower stage

6 Likes

I have news for you. It works also if you look at a plant that is about 8 to 10 inches you can see their sex. I used this light for about 100 units at a time and then sold them to collectives for a number of years. Never disregard something that you have no knowledge of. Try it and see if it works for you.

1 Like

Out if context buddy boy hold your horses… That’s why I said “only way I know of” I was intrigued… Buuutt maybe should of worded differently so it’s clearer

3 Likes

Please explain the whole process :pray:

5 Likes

So I just shine a blue light on my plants when they are 9 inches tall and they will show sex? I’m super curious @elviejo

8 Likes

I don’t believe this for one second, even after the plant is forced (12/12) it don’t happen right away, it shows it’s sex when mature enough to do so.

9 Likes

Likewise. For instance MH lamps use a blue light for vegetative growth.

7 Likes

Just to be clear I was being very very sarcastic when I said all that :rofl:… I wanted to see a valid response but still nothing else about the magical blue light lol

6 Likes

I knew that, the :pray: gave it away (well to me anyway)

5 Likes

Glad you got it bro :facepunch:… I like your sense of humor… I swear next time some guy trys to buy weed on here I’m going to totally fuck with them lol I mean come on who the hell trys to buy weed online :rofl:

6 Likes

I would think it would take longer to show sex if that is the case,but tbh I have seen led grows w blue that never did that lol. But let’s say that is the case a pre sex flower takes 1-2 weeks to clearly show it’s sex.1-2 days sounds like a stretch in any case.are you sure they were not auto flowers or something?

6 Likes

I own a hortilux high blue bulb it’s the best veg bulb. It has great levels of blue it still takes me 4-6 weeks to tell sex

6 Likes

Finding sex ( topic title ), you just need a red light. Good night guys.

12 Likes

Yup far red is best!

6 Likes

I for one wish we could buy weed online, but wishing and reality are two different things, and I’m not right :wink:

My humor/humour is fucking awesome :slight_smile: it helps me thru the day for sure, even straight

I used to mess with those people years ago till I got bored :slight_smile:

6 Likes

OK, I can blame northern lights, but I just reread this post :wink:

I can’t believe I missed that :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I can’t tell my wife, she would think I was normal, which for me is an illness in itself.

5 Likes

I’d say best way to find sex would be to try Backpage but they shut it down. :pensive:

5 Likes

I guess you don’t know about YesBackpage :wink:

1 Like

I used to think this was wrong… but until the plant is mature enough it will not flower…a clone will because a clone is always just as old/mature as the original mother plant no matter how many generations you take…I have a Bubba Kush x2bc that is at almost 560 days and am still having a hard time sexing it… I might just drop it from my grow all together… I do not want to waste time on it if it isn’t showing by the time I want it to go out… I have had others show sex in 10 days… but yes @piper the last few pages of the Breeders bible convinced me otherwise and I now have to agree with your statement… I also know no other way then forcing or waiting until first week of August… which is still forcing because they’re going to flower with the length of day whether you like or not…lol…

6 Likes