First Attempt Indoors

First steps completed last night for my new grow.

18 Likes

Got some Platinum GSC seeds cracking right now. Fingers crossed! Can’t wait to meet the little ladies!

11 Likes

Following along!

8 Likes

I’m following along as well good luck on meeting those :seedling: ladies soon

5 Likes

nice looking setup @fist-ninja , looks great and looking forward to seeing your ladies grow.

7 Likes

Thanks for the support! :blush: Was originally saving and building for a hydro setup. Then suddenly a coworker offered me 3 lights, nutrients, heat mat etc. Everything you would need for a soil grow so I said fuck it. Got the closet ready for seedlings & clones. Converting the entire bedroom for production. Also there’s another closet twice as big on the other side of the room. Going to have so much room for activities! Can’t wait to start testing seed and cleaning up these West Coast genetics from black market days. I have more hash than I could ever smoke. This is purely a passion project to help medical patients who have been fucked by the recreational market. It broke my heart to tell old ladies and combat vets I didn’t have the product they needed when I was shift supervisor at a dispensary. Sorry for the rant! Really high on Pineapple Chunk hash. :pineapple: More pics soon! Peace, love, and chicken grease!

10 Likes

Look forward to seen how you do man. I put a black curtain infront of my closet just incase there was any light leaks. I’m not sure if that’s the case for you. :facepunch:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

Not initially. I am going to remove the sliding doors and put up some black plastic and Velcro though. Better for humidity/temp control. Don’t want to get too ahead of myself. Still need to buy some gear for humidity. This grow is starting super old school. Literally PH testing tap water, recycling/cleaning soil and all that jazz.

4 Likes

Got tired of waiting on my seeds to pop and threw some stonecrop in there. :rofl: Don’t worry I’m going to sanitize everything.

8 Likes

Little ladies finally opened their eyes! Feels damn good to be growing again.

15 Likes

Now you’re starting to cook good luck :+1:t4:

4 Likes

@fist-ninja , looking good, and great start. Keep the updates coming.

4 Likes

I’ve only ever done outdoor guerilla growing. Y’all think it’s ok to leave my water with my babies or will it get too steamy? Figured it couldn’t really hurt.

5 Likes

You want to be in control of your environment. Rando water can mess up rh

4 Likes

Thanks. Wasn’t sure if it would matter with a tray. Makes sense.

2 Likes

First baby to pop out the cubes! :blush: Sorry for shitty picture quality. Don’t like to open my tray for anything but watering. (Im hoping she wants to be a mommy! Fingers crossed she stays vigorous.)

6 Likes

You want to be in control of your environment. Rando water can mess up rh

I think its the first time I disagree with @Slym3r and suggested it to him the other day, humidity dome. I rate the seedlings will perform better with a higher RH growing up and reduce it during veg, flower. Clones do even better with a high humidity.

7 Likes

I was under the impression I should be shooting for 90-100 Rh. Figured if my water was clean it would be ok.

3 Likes

The only thing I found was standing water even if it’s just a clear gallon jug on the counter, with grow lights on it it grows algae very quickly.

4 Likes

What if I change the water every 12 hours? I was certified in Greenhouse, Turf, and Ornamentals in Iowa earlier in my life. Algae is a swear word and I’m a little worried now. I started my seedlings in rockwool because I have a really long commute and work long hours. Really like the water retention. I can’t spray them regularly. Once they are in soil, no big deal anymore obviously.

4 Likes