First Grow Yeeaaaahhh!

Looking good @truthhound! You’ll be surprised how fast your plants bounce back in dwc. All your new growth is looking lush my friend. :v:

5 Likes

so I have to ask… what is truthhound?

1 Like

One who doggedly seeks the truth in all things and is a loud mouth breather that slobbers and howls but is endlessly charming despite smelling like sox.

4 Likes

whoa shizzle

1 Like

may the truth be out there…

1 Like

1 Like

@truthhound Like Sox or like socks? Lolz. Now I’ve gone down a rabbit hole picturing what you described and I want to get the scent right. Sweaty baseball team or socks? :joy:

Yes! Absolutely that!

1 Like

Grimey yo.

1 Like

I love this image rofl.

I am new, what is LST?

3 Likes

Low stress training.

Tying the plant down to provide light access to the in side that was covered by leaves

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums, amyfinkbeiner.

2 Likes

Grow Update
Hello, Earthlings, I hope all is well with you and yours! I have done what I dared as far as training these autoflowers. I was able to get them tilted back and spread out enough to get a passable canopy. These plants are short and, at least for the time being, they are manageable so I have decided to skip the SCROG net for now. The plants love the Nutes and the growth is vigorous with bright green colors and strong stems. I switched out the 4 inch inline fan with a 6 inch AC infinity and now I am sure the tent has good ventilation. No plans to make any changes in the near future. I guess that all means So far So good :wink:

4 Likes

And the stage is set…

1 Like

Man…
Reading that sent chills down my spine. (puts on a helmet)

3 Likes

Hello Everyone,

Week 6-ish Nutrient change and the train-keeps-a-rollin. The Gorilla Glue (right) still carries the scars of the early CalMag deficiency on some of the fan leaves but the rest of the plant is green and strong. I have been a little harder on this plant and I tend to LST a little more than I should but WHATEVA. It’s cool to watch how it reacts to challenges. The Kush XL (the other right) has become a bit of a powerhouse. Lots of explosive green growth. I have taken it pretty easy with this one as the canopy just seems to want to be even. I’m definitely sticking with the max suggested dose of NovaGrow and I’m just gonna just let it ride.

I’ve done everything so far with the understanding that stressing out autos is generally counterproductive. If I remember correctly the word I saw used most on the subject was “DON’T”. So I didn’t top them and so far, besides the initial CalMag bullshit things seem to be ok. I am concerned I am overdoing some of the LST on the GG. Any warnings or advice on the subject would be welcome.

2 Likes

Looking excellent man!! Jealous of your healthy growth. Wish mine was that perky!! Can’t wait to see what happens. :grin:

1 Like

I say everything looks good @truthhound! Don’t worry about the lst. Go ahead and make the leap to photo genetics next time. Just flip you lights when your plant gets the size you want. Since your growing dwc, the Veg time is cut in half. So in theory Auto’s aren’t saving you any more time. Then you can really grow your plant out and top or fim, lst or hst, and do all the crazy training the cannabis plant loves!

2 Likes

That sounds like a great idea! I will start scoping out some genetics and working on a plan. :wink:

2 Likes