First Harvest

Welcome to GN @noblesavage , nice pictures and harvest. Great to be smoking your own homegrown.

Since you are learning about growing cannabis ,I can highly recommend doing the Cannabis 101 course on GN University. The online course will definitely teach you more about growing eventhough its essentially an indoor course. Try it out.

4 Likes

I think i got those same jars, do the humidy detectors from amazon not quite fit in them?

4 Likes

Haven’t used any of those. But plan too next time. So many things I realize I needed to do but didn’t :laughing: my plan is to grow about 10 plants next time and do it with all the extra things I left out. Like humidity detectors etc.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! I tastes and smokes pretty good but a little on the dry side. Need to control humidity better next grow I think.

4 Likes

check out Boveda 2 way humidity control packs… more of a curing process item, but really nice to have. 2 cents

6 Likes

You can add a piece of fruit to bring rh back up :v:

4 Likes

Can you elaborate a bit on this one? Add fruit to the jars after I trim :thinking:

2 Likes

an old trick tobakky smokers use is to put a piece of lettuce, or apple, or my favorite (because it doesn’t add a taste really) is the heel end of a loaf of bread. shift it around each day, the wacky tobakky will absorb the moisture. after a couple days, take the piece out.

5 Likes

Well after a whole lot of over thinking… I stopped using any food items to moisten my plant material. I don’t want to add any kind of sugar or anything that could cause mold. I also feel that it is best to bring the moisture up in your flour slowly. So I use a little bit of water on a piece of paper towel, a ring as much water out of it as I can get and I put the small piece of paper towel in the jar overnight or half a day. I usually take a couple of days and bring it up in small increments to prevent getting any wet spots. Basically just creating moist air in the jar. After 12 hours when you check it usually the paper towel is dried out completely and if the flowers not to the desired moisture content, wet the paper towel again ring it out all the way again and repeat. Takes a minute to do this but the end result is very desirable.

Sidenote. With jars as small as you’re using I would just cut a square of paper towel a little bit bigger than the opening ring it out as dry as you can get it after wetting and then just cover up the flower with it and put the lid on. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

food for thought, they’re made for cannabis. i ain a rep or anything, but i use em

7 Likes

Nothing but the boveda packs for me!

7 Likes

Boveda is great IMO. I have weed from my very first grow in 2019 stored with it that is still smokable and not dried out. Quality has gone down some but hell its 2 yrs old. Highly recommend.

8 Likes

Just put an apple slice in there and it will plump them up. Watch it carefully though, if left too long it will mold, then get you a couple of them RH dectectors from Amazon, they are tiny and you can keep track of your RH. I find that 62% is too much hard to burn. 58 seems about perfect to me.

Marty

3 Likes

Around 55, is my mark, for vaping :v:t4:

2 Likes

You didn’t mention if you had another plant growing, but a leaf from another pot plant is what I use to bring rh up sometimes. And boveda pack are nice for jars of flower that I’ll put away.

2 Likes

Bought the boveda packs :star_struck: you guys were right instant rehydration! Thanks for the input #growing

6 Likes

Bought the 58s

4 Likes

Got em boss :sunglasses: 58s

4 Likes

These guys and gals are in the know!

2 Likes

That’s what I was told my first grow. @noblesavage you should be stoked.:v:. My first run hermed on me, and I was still happy. Been hooked on growing ever since. Started april this year.

6 Likes