First indoor grow and journal

There you go. Go on YouTube and look up Greenjeans videos find the one on the 21 and the 42 day defoliation. Killer video check it out

2 Likes

Definitely will do. Appreciate the info.

1 Like

I can’t send you a link to it because I don’t know how to do that and I really don’t feel like learning. You’ll find it just fumble around that’s how I do it.:joy::wink:

3 Likes

It’s called Greenjeans garden and a real good informative video is In the garden - defoliation week three

2 Likes

Checked out Greengenes garden videos. Good info. Appreciate it. Better info than some of the others I’ve seen. Thanks

2 Likes

Those damn people from Illinois sending such things across the river!
:rofl:

1 Like

The thing I like about his videos is he doesn’t say this is the only way to do it he gives you general indicators of what to look for and when to do what. Every plant is different especially if you’re doing multiple strains, so it’s hard to put a specific amount of days before you trim. But having a window such as between 14 and 21 days at least gives you some what of a target. :+1:t3::v:t3:

1 Like

I have noticed a difference in every plant and I’m told that means different pheno types. Only have 2 strains in there and can tell differences in each plant. Thanks for input I did enjoy Greengenes videos watched about a hours worth.

2 Likes

On my last indoor grow I did different amounts of defoliation on different plants at the same time. I really didn’t find any noticeable difference removing more or less other than the amount of work it was to continue pulling leaves through the whole grow on the ones I didn’t do a heavy trim to. The ones I did heavy trims to I mostly just sat back and watched as they did their thing.

2 Likes

I have 2 plants same seed pack could not be any MORE different between phenos… it’s crazy how they work out!! Plants look happy dude!!?

2 Likes

Sure don’t bother me none lol.

1 Like

I pulled all the shade leaves off mine this last grow… to the point they looked like sticks…and the whole tent was completely filled back up in about 3 days.

1 Like

:thinking:… I seem to recall somebody talking about their wife trimming their plants for them because she thought that he took too many leaves off last time and she absolutely decimated them. Kind of like I did on my last indoor, and all turned out well. I do like the very heavy defoliation.It does make things a lot easier later on in the flowering process. Haven’t seen anything negative.

2 Likes

I appreciate everyone’s input sure helps to hear from numerous people. I can’t believe I’m 66 and looking forward to this grow like a 6 year old and Xmas.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Girls just got water Saturday the 16th. Just starting to see some frost on the ladies. Currently watering/feeding every 3 days and giving each plant 1/2 gallon. Seems to be working well up to this point. Expecting they will want more frequent watering as they grow. Planning to do next defoliation around the 25th. Currently about 28 inches tall.

1 Like

Looking absolutely stellar bruh…nice canopy it’s going swell!! :+1:

2 Likes

@LoCoRocK Thanks and I appreciated you sharing a little bit of your story a few days ago. My treatments have had me under the weather for a few days so I was doing good to just get the girls watered. For some reason it always seems to hit me hardest on the weekends. I find myself opening my tent and just staring at the girls. Gives me a sense of calm and accomplishment. I’ve always had flower beds and tomato plants and even a full garden some years but time was always a issue.

3 Likes

Girls got watered with Cal Mag today. Did a little defoliation on inside fan leafs. Gave each plant 1/2 gallon. Top of canopy is 28 “. Planning on major defoliation on the 25th

which will be 15 days into flower and 25 day since 12/12 flip. The front plants the Black widow are already getting frosty but not so much on the back plants the Blue Dream.

2 Likes

Been awhile since last update. Finished off 6 weeks of Chemo and Radiation and have really been struggling just to keep girls watered. But feeling much better last few days and getting better every day now. So here is some updated pictures before and after their defoliation. Was supposed to happen on 1-25 but wasn’t up to it then. Started on the 27th and finished on 28th. Not enough stamina to do all in one day. Hard to believe 4 months ago I was working 12 to 14 hours a day. Anyway here’s updated pictures.

7 Likes