First time! Curly leaves, weird growing should I be concerned?

Hi guy, these are my first two plants. All of them are seeds form the same store, same soil, same time of germination, same water. But one of them look better than the other. Should I be concerned ? What should I do ? Is that normal ?
The first photo is the one that looks better than the other.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Growers Network Forum.
Your pictures look good and I don’t see the leave curling issue. That’s in the above pics. Great start

2 Likes

Hey how far is your light from the tops? And are you feeding them yet also whats the ph of your water?

1 Like

the lights are 70cm away from the plants, they are 250w led. The plants are autoflowers and they are 6 days old. Yes, i check all the time the ph of the water, i only water them with hp from 5.5 to 7. i have not been feeding them. I am waiting a week to start feeding them because i read that i should not do it at the beginning because i might burn the plants.

2 Likes

Ok cool yea i did the same i dint feed actually for the first month because my soil had enough nutes to sustain for a while… And ph at 7 sounds a little high… I was informed keeping it between 5.5 and 6 keeps the plant from going into nute lockout… Lets ask some of the vets here @oldguy @PreyBird1 @Ladithief any suggestions?

3 Likes

If in soil then 6.5-6.8 ph.
If in pro mix or coco then ph to 5.8 - 6.2.
5.5-7.0 is too wide of a range. And you should have a digital ph pen for accuracy.
The strips and drops aren’t nearly accurate enough for growing weed.
:v:

5 Likes

Would FF ocean forest be considered “pro mix”? Sorry, I have similar questions about watering and I’m also a newbie. :grin:

3 Likes

Ffof is considered soil and should be ph’d to 6.5 -6.8.
:v:

4 Likes

Keep your nutrients @150ppm and You should not have any issues with Nutrient burn. PH level 5.8 tops for a week is what works for me.

1 Like

many new borns do that… just watch it… should be just fine… might just be getting use to the environment!

2 Likes