First time in cloth pots, so how much do I water?

I just started growing in cloth pots for the first time and have no idea what to expect! The issues I’m currently having is, how often and how much do I water them? Also, I have my Aglex AND Mars Hydro in my two by four foot tent and it tends to get quite hot in there( about 82 on average) how hot is TOO HOT??image image image image image image

11 Likes

Try and keep it in the 70’s.

2 Likes

How much should you water? That, my friend, is the art and science of this hobby. Gradually, widen the circles as you water. I just a little bit more water each time. I pick up their pots every day and can feel how much they weigh when they are dry. When your feel dry, water them again! You will be able to tell.

3 Likes

Judging watering gets easier now… They are a bit more tolerable this age… just keep track of the weight of the pots and days watered… easy cheesey… your practically down the home stretch… LoL

4 Likes

Damn…!! You’ve come a long way baby lol ! Looking good! I use one of those cheap two probe combination meters for the water indication. The reason being is that as they start to get big, I have to take all the front ones out to get to the back ones so it’s not easy to lift them to feel the weight of them. Those meters are pretty much worthless for PH, and light But they are pretty accurate for moisture. I make em reach for the water so don’t water until the meter says mid moist at the bottom of the pot. And when I water I water till it runs out the bottom into the saucer. I let them sit for about 15 minutes and then vacuum the water out of the saucer with a shop vac. The breathable fabric lets them dry out from all sides and the bottom so they dry out faster and use more water than a plastic pot. They also air prune the roots. Everybody waters different that’s how I do it.

1 Like

What’s the little valves in the bottom of the fabric pots?? Never seen them i recall plus it looks like a pretty good material canvas almost looking.

4 Likes

Those are vent holes, all the way around the pots!!

2 Likes

I definitely need a bigger setup! Lmao. Or at least a bigger exhaust fan, I had no ventilation because the cheap ass carbon filter was clogged!!

2 Likes

I really need a new carbon filter mine is probably 18 months old…for sure over 14 months. I run mine 15 or 30 mins on with 90 mins off about come flowering time… I’m sure it’s over due. You know what peanut… I got like $150 in amazon cards. . that’s a great idea - thank you sir I will get a new one :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah…good catch…and lookie lookie they have gromments in the handles so you can LST !! Peanut be the man!

@peanuthead

2 Likes

Yes they do… peanut man you’ll be able to use them handles to tie off on. That’s cool!! They look like pretty good material.
No I’ve never thought about or heard about swapping the filter around. I’m sure it works, buys you time like you said.

1 Like

I’ve done the filter end swap, it gives you about 20% more life time wise, but not as effective anti stink wise.

2 Likes

Well, I’m not super worried about smell yet, only ventilation

2 Likes

So let me ask this - you will begin to smell that it’s not working as well and/or that the flow lessens? I’ve never noticed either but I don’t crawl on my roof and take notice either… to be honest. I do know the cover is dirty and needs cleaning…
I’m definitely getting a new one. How often you change yours sport?

1 Like

Have the AC Infinity temp/humidity controlled fan, and when I got it I got the kit… fan and filter. But I am now a legal grow in MO so I don’t even use my filter, I exhaust into my basement… whole house smells wonderful lol…you can even smell it coming up the steps to the front porch outside. I suppose I should be worried about someone smelling it and deciding to help themselves, but I am retired and home 99% of the time. And most times when I am gone my truck is in the driveway and I’m on my scooter. So they don’t know if I’m home or not. Here in MO you only have to suppress the smell if someone complains which is sorta stupid as you can also grow 6 plants outside, and they’re ain’t no way to de-smell the outside lol.

Back when I used them, if I could smell it outside coming up to the house that is when I changed it. Some of them are real good and last a decent amount of time, but I have also gotten ones that didn’t do shit brand new. I got a good nose, so most folks don’t smell it as soon as I do.

3 Likes

@peanuthead if ur not worried of snell which they r small should not smell much at all. Run the fan without the filter.

2 Likes

What fan, what filter? As we all know $$$ is tight right now and I need an exhaust fan.

2 Likes

@mayakid I to went amazon and found the ac infinity fan I was wanting and put it in the cart.
When I went to check out there was a box on the page that said get this for $0 for getting an Amazon card.
I filled it out and got the fan for free.
Decided to get the filter since I didnt have to spend money on the fan.
Put it in the cart and went to checkout and there was another box that said fill out for an instore card and get the filter for $5.
When the cards came in the mail i just cut them up.
Easy and fast.

2 Likes

Great deal! Unfortunately I live in a small town in Mexico that doesn’t even have mail service. They are a little reluctant to approve me for a card. Hummm I wonder why? Thank God at least they deliver here even if I ALWAYS pay extra for shipping and import fees. I’m pretty sure they’re going to get it legalized this time by the end of April and I will be like @sssportsmfg and not need a filter.

3 Likes

Yeah every time I check out buying something from Amazon I get that “get our card, get it for xxx or free” so after years I finally put the application in. (it’s a credit card) they turned me down. Not because I have bad credit, I have NO credit. House, truck, both motorcycles all paid for. Zero credit cards and everything is paid by direct deduction from my bank account via my debit cards such as all my utilities. Never thought I would see the day when if you owned everything free and clear, zero loans, and perfect payment on past loans you would be bad credit risk.

5 Likes