First time in cloth pots, so how much do I water?

The title here is a great question. How much actual water do you all put on your plant? Whatever your schedule, how much water daily average?
I just read some stuff about gallons, but I can’t see that being one plant.

1 Like

How is ur exhaust fan how big what kind. Exhaust is alot with heat and temps. If no exhaust u need to get a cheap 6 inch exhaust. If ur not worried on smell at all no need for filters and ull get better exhaust flow wothout one. Exhaust is next number 1 to lights then food for the plants i know u jave a good stRt. In veg keep everything down low let them stretch a bit just not alot if spacing is getting gapped farther than 1 to 2 inches lower light a bit or crank up the power some to tighten up that node spacing.

3 Likes

For watering purposes i feel the cups pots or buckets with no water added to see the weight then when i add water or food i check wright agaim usually i wTer til i get a bit of runoff and then wait til it feels dry again usuall 1 to 4 days apart. Veg is less watering usuall every 3 to 4 days and as they flower or bud the days of feed and water tighten right now i am at every other day watering mine. I have a cheese clone in a 1 litre pot that gets something once to twice a day or she limps. She is a rhirsty one for sure but full of bud

4 Likes

@grower76 Here is another grower that is just starting using fabric pots. Read through and see some of their questions and what they are doing.

1 Like

So, no specific amount of water (1 pint, 1 quart…) just until it starts coming out the bottom of the pot?

1 Like

For plants that are the size of peanuthead’s that were posted two days ago I would probably be watering 3 cups of water per plant every other day. Maybe 4 cups of water.

But the roots on these plants are probably not big enough to use the water if you filled the pots with enough water to come out the bottom of the pot. It would take a much longer time for those pots to dry out without enough roots to take advantage of that water.

My plants are mid-flower and are in 3 gal pots (50/50 mix of FFOF and peat/perlite mix).

I give them .5 - .75 gal of water every 2-3 days. When I added more than .75 gal, and I started getting runoff. As a matter of fact, I just gave them their very first soaking (1 full gallon) today.

4 Likes

Well actually the more plants you have in the tent the cooler it will be. I had a hard time getting my tent up to 75 with 6 plants in it, but when I cut four down, and left two to ripen it went up to over 80 which was fine by me, to stress them a little for a couple of days, had to water both days though the higher the heat the more they drink and transpire. Another thing is if you can just leave the tent door open that should keep it a lot cooler.

3 Likes

Great answer, just what I was looking for. Does anyone disagree? Why? I want to hear different sides.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I can’t believe how big they’re getting!! Since I topped them they just blew up! Now I’m just debating on when to flip them. I heard you can do it at week four but I’m not sure I trust that, may be too small still?

5 Likes

Plants are looking great brother.
So awesome to see you in the game, and kicking ass.
:fist:

1 Like

If your doing sog 4 weeks be alright but must of us want a little something something extra ya know. Wether I want to or not I usually end up with 4-6 weeks of veg on top of my seedling stage… so on average 2 months of growth before I flip is how I usually end up. I see you did some topping man - good stuff :+1:
Don’t get a case of topitis…it’s real & I’ve done it twice. Id end up with like 50 small buds instead of a dozen normal ones… LoL

3 Likes

Yeah I think I’m about done topping for now cause I almost did just that! Lol. I did start them on there nutes Tuesday and I don’t think they liked them😞

I just hope they aren’t a total loss…

4 Likes

Your in FF soil right… 4 - 6 weeks before feeding around so your right on track… Could go either way just watch them. I’m going to bet you’re not at a total loss from one feeding
.lol and I’d imagine it was a half strength nute feed too you did… your good man

1 Like

Whew!!! Thank the Gods brother! lol. I was freaking out my man! Lmao

1 Like

Definitely looking better tonightUploading: A9BB8D84-C008-4E65-8F44-F9AEA9E41414.jpeg... Uploading: 26B5B4FB-6D05-45A4-B4EC-729E18D0B2F3.jpeg…

Uploading: 8BCF17AE-45F2-4D9E-9F56-6941AAD7FA61.jpeg… Uploading: 7142E2E7-9B49-423F-A45E-9163E0DB93BC.jpeg…

3 Likes

5 Likes

I gave them each almost two quarts and they seem like they actually perked up a little bit!

6 Likes

You keeping them squat and bushy, that why you did the lst? They are gonna have some buttons in them. What’s your plan on the flip, I remember you saying 4 weeks or something. I can’t remember…

1 Like

Well, they broke ground January 1st, so I’m thinking a week as a “seedling”…March 1st? Two months-ish? What do you think by looking at them? And I think I may have topped a little too much lol. Gonna definitely have ALOT of buttons! Lmao

3 Likes