First time in cloth pots, so how much do I water?

@sssportsmfg yeah I didnt want the card.
I dont do cards so I cut mine up

2 Likes

Way off topic, sorry… but I read recently that (assuming you pay them off every month) credit cards are more secure from a cyber security perspective than debt cards. It made a lot of sense but some of the details were over my head. Also any fraud on your credit card is insured but generally loses on your debt card are yours to keep.

2 Likes

My girls are loving life right now :fire::fire::fire:
The little one is my Galactic God/White Runtz

2 Likes

7 Likes

Looking good brother!
Real Good.

3 Likes

Not mine, my debit cards can be run as credit or debit, but they are a pure debit card…what I mean by that is if the money isn’t in my bank account it gets declined no matter how it gets run, debit or credit. And my debit cards are fully insured against fraud just like a credit card.

2 Likes

I think I may have to kick out my little GG/WR, if for no other reason than it’s way too hot in my little 2 by 4. And the Aglex isn’t big enough for four, let alone five!:disappointed:. But 82-84 degrees is WAY too hot! And I can’t get the temp down

2 Likes

They gave me the card, charged $60 on it and sent me a bill.
Needless to say, we had a discussion.

2 Likes

Just into the room

2 Likes

So, took the Mars Hydro out and put the Aglex dead center and raised it to 2 feet, which is what it recommends for a 2 by 4 foot tent. But, the temp only went from 84 …to 81! I just don’t want any issues when they start to flower, you know? I’m tempted to just put the Mars Hydro back in lol

5 Likes

Leave it for 2 days and see what happens. That’s actually going to be your best answer most of the time. I think you are probably Ok. Most of the time we worry the plants into something. I’m learning to be more casual about it. Not quite so intense. LOL Just keep on your current schedule as they seem fine so far. When it changes, adapt to it.

1 Like

The title here is a great question. How much actual water do you all put on your plant? Whatever your schedule, how much water daily average?
I just read some stuff about gallons, but I can’t see that being one plant.

1 Like

How is ur exhaust fan how big what kind. Exhaust is alot with heat and temps. If no exhaust u need to get a cheap 6 inch exhaust. If ur not worried on smell at all no need for filters and ull get better exhaust flow wothout one. Exhaust is next number 1 to lights then food for the plants i know u jave a good stRt. In veg keep everything down low let them stretch a bit just not alot if spacing is getting gapped farther than 1 to 2 inches lower light a bit or crank up the power some to tighten up that node spacing.

3 Likes

For watering purposes i feel the cups pots or buckets with no water added to see the weight then when i add water or food i check wright agaim usually i wTer til i get a bit of runoff and then wait til it feels dry again usuall 1 to 4 days apart. Veg is less watering usuall every 3 to 4 days and as they flower or bud the days of feed and water tighten right now i am at every other day watering mine. I have a cheese clone in a 1 litre pot that gets something once to twice a day or she limps. She is a rhirsty one for sure but full of bud

4 Likes

@grower76 Here is another grower that is just starting using fabric pots. Read through and see some of their questions and what they are doing.

1 Like

So, no specific amount of water (1 pint, 1 quart…) just until it starts coming out the bottom of the pot?

1 Like

For plants that are the size of peanuthead’s that were posted two days ago I would probably be watering 3 cups of water per plant every other day. Maybe 4 cups of water.

But the roots on these plants are probably not big enough to use the water if you filled the pots with enough water to come out the bottom of the pot. It would take a much longer time for those pots to dry out without enough roots to take advantage of that water.

My plants are mid-flower and are in 3 gal pots (50/50 mix of FFOF and peat/perlite mix).

I give them .5 - .75 gal of water every 2-3 days. When I added more than .75 gal, and I started getting runoff. As a matter of fact, I just gave them their very first soaking (1 full gallon) today.

4 Likes

Well actually the more plants you have in the tent the cooler it will be. I had a hard time getting my tent up to 75 with 6 plants in it, but when I cut four down, and left two to ripen it went up to over 80 which was fine by me, to stress them a little for a couple of days, had to water both days though the higher the heat the more they drink and transpire. Another thing is if you can just leave the tent door open that should keep it a lot cooler.

3 Likes

Great answer, just what I was looking for. Does anyone disagree? Why? I want to hear different sides.

2 Likes

4 Likes