For those of us who can’t respond to commercial posts

I was reading the article @MK3_Pharms posted that I can’t respond to :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: So annoying.

Anyway. That’s what I was explaining about breaking taps when taking off seeds caps or removing from paper towels. Plant all the parts and u will b surprised that U will sometimes end up with several plants from a single dissected tap root. @overtherainbow this should give u hope. Sorry I can’t attach the article Bc it’s posted on the commercial side

3 Likes

Didn’t think it was commercial. I post most of my stuff so you guys can answer

2 Likes

I changed the one you were referring too?

3 Likes

Thank you @justgrowin that is very kind and thoughtful of you😄 I am starting my seeds to thugs breath I’ve had them going for a day and a half. Do you think there still good.

1 Like

Oh ya. I’ve had some take a week to pop.

Have u ever tried to put a few tblsp of water in a pill bottle and drop your seeds in there? Put the top on and put it on something warm like a cable box or top of the fridge. I get great results that way.

1 Like

I am 11 days with some still tapping…lol…I can see the root just not as long as I like before going into soild… another day or so and they go in no matter…

2 Likes

Some seeds take way longer to pop. Some never do. You can’t even blame your supplier. Some beans never pop. Its nice to get at least 75-90%. Some shells are extremely tough. Sometimes filling them down. Or even pinching them. I never suggest taking the seed shell off. If you do consider that voiding that warranty.
I’ve had seeds take weeks to pop. Some pop and sprout in four days. Soo many variables. Just practice patience.

2 Likes

Seriously guys
Buy a waterproof adjustable fully adjustable temp controlled heat mat.
Soam them 18 hours in a sealed vial.
Shake the vial every few hours. GENTLY.
After the 18 hours pour them out on a few folded up paper towels. Fold again to seal them up. Put inside of ziplock type bag.
Place on heat mat at 80°. Leave alone three days. You more then likely will have plants ready to go.

This process is simple, proven,easy

3 Likes

I use a heat mat as well. Even with the adjuster I have to put a washcloth between my seeds and mat. Just gotta make sure it’s not too hot.

If u don’t have one most electronics will create some heat. And most of our led lights do as well. Put them right on top of a light casing. Anything warm will work

1 Like

I am at 18/21 with some form of tap… just waiting for a little more length to bury them…

2 Likes

I have a pot of dirt I keep in my grow room. Any seeds that don’t pop I throw in that pot. I keep the dirt moist all the time.

Any plant that pops from it is named randi. Yes with an I Bc I want them to b girls. Randi = random. I get at least a plant or 2 a month out of that pot. And once they hit flower I can usually tell the strain. I never give up on a seed. There are seeds in that pot that have been there for months.

2 Likes

What ever works. Can’t hurt to hope for the best.

3 Likes

I soak 24 hours in water in dark. Then paper towel 24-48 max. I don’t use a heating mat. I low tech it and put them in my furnace room. Knock on wood at least one year without a dud. Peace

2 Likes

Try a shotglass of distilled or ro water with a cap full of hydrogen peroxide. This will help prevent any starting nasty growths from sitting in standing water. And try to keep it on something a little warm. They will pop faster with warmth. Good luck

1 Like