From the beginnings to the new nows

I’VE BEEN GROWING THIS TIME SINCE 2019, AND WHAT A RIDE IT HAS BEEN…LOL I STARTED MY GROW ROOM IN A 10 X 10 FT. ROOM IN THE BASEMENT, STARTED WITH 2 600 WATT METAL HALIDES ,EXCHANGEABLE TO 600 WATT HPS, PLUS 2 315 WATT MH LIGHTS, BEGAN GROWING IN SOIL FOR THE FIRST 3 CROPS AND WERE GROWN IN SOIL.
THEN I ADDED AN R.O. SYSTEM, THEN ADDED 3 D.I. CARTRIDGES, WANTED TO MAKE SURE THE WATER WAS 100% CLEAN. THEN I BUILT MY OWN HUMIDIFIER, ALWAYS INNOVATING MY IDEAS. I GOT 3 NICE CROPS OF SUPER SKUNK AND MAG LANDRACE. HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH FUNGUS NATS, TOOK CARE OF THAT WITH 1 INCH OF POOL SAND ON THE TOP OF THE SOIL, NATS GONE !, NOW MY LAST CROP I CHANGED FROM SOIL TO DWC THEN TO RDWC GROWING,
LAST CROP WAS SWEET, GREAT HARVEST, THEN THIS CROP CHANGED FROM RDWC BUCKETS TO A RDWC SYSTEM USING
CURRENT CULTURE H20 8 GALLON CONTAINERS WITH 2 INCH PVC PIPE. I FOUND WATER SO MUCH EASIER TO CONTROL, I ADDED A 700 GAL PER HOUR RECIRC PUMP FOR CIRULATION, I FOUND THAT THE PH, AND E.C. AND WATER TEMP WERE ALL EASIER TO KEEP WITHIN RANGE

WITH A GLANCE AT MY BLUELABS GUARDIAN MONITOR, RIGHT NOW I HAVE SUPER SKUNK, GRAND DADDY PURPLE, AFGHAN KUSH AND MAG LANDRACE. I ALSO UPGRADED ALL MY LIGHTING TO LED FULL SPECTRUM WHICH I’VE FOUND TO BE TREMENDOUS. I ALSO CHANGED MY CLONING TECHNIQUE FROM ROCK CUBES TO AEROPONICLY, WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN THE OVER ALL HEALTH OF THE CLONES
THE PICTURES START FROM THE BEGINNING USING MH AND HPS LIGHTS AND IN SOIL TO LED LIGHTS TO RDWC SYSTEMS, FROM CLONING THE TYPICAL WAY TO CLONING AEROPONICLY, WHICH IN MY OPINION IS THE ONLY WAY TO CLONE.
I THINK I HAVE IDEAS THAT MAY HELP SOME GUY’S ON HERE.
HAPPY GROWING ALL !
STEVEPURPLE

13 Likes

Nice set up. Keep posting updates l’m following I would love to see how this grow goes.:+1:t3::v:t3:

3 Likes

THANKS ,HAPPILYRETIRED, I’M NEW HERE, YES I’LL POST AS THIS GROW GOES… SHOULD BE A DANDY… I’ve INVESTED AN ARM AND A LEG…LOL
TAKE CARE
STEVEPURPLE

7 Likes

I see that you have. You have definitely invested a bunch. I will be asking questions about some of your systems as time goes on if you don’t mind.

4 Likes

steve, very natural progression and I’m glad you documented it so that new growers realize they don’t have to have it all upfront…In fact if you build your experience and equipment over several grows you probably make better decisions on your growing style and equipment both! Nice!

7 Likes

The roots on those clones :heart_eyes:. Yesss

3 Likes

@stevepurple

This is the start of your journal. It’s a good start. If you keep posting here every time you post I will see it because I am following your journal. The more you post the more people will see and start to follow and contribute to your conversation. And if you are looking around and see something you like or would like to comment on do it on that thread. You have a great start here let’s keep it growing…:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

I went back and looked over your pictures again and You have a beautiful set up. People will continue to follow. If you have questions ask them hear me and others will tag people in that can help you with any problems or concerns if we don’t have the answer.

4 Likes

To reply to a post you hit this button.

2 Likes