Getting it together. Rebuilding after a year of learning and mistakes

It helped my friends that were dying of cancer. I have referred it many times. I have a friend who makes it for my friends.

1 Like

I had to use a leveler to get the tables leaning just right for the kiddie pools to drain right, but at $2 (on sale off season at Wally World) a kiddie pool and $50ish for 50ft roll of mylar, it saves a lot of money vs the botanical trays.

3 Likes

Very interesting. I will need to look further into this. Are the capsules like a time release?

2 Likes

No, I just use regular #4 gelatin capsules @daurwid . It’s taken me some time to get my dose dialed in. I have high thc oil’s and a 1:1 that I take. I try and keep a few strains on hand, indica, always a strong sativa. It takes about 2 hours to really kick in, and lasts 6-8 hrs.
I don’t doubt that it really helps a person when they have cancer @Slym3r.
If you have an extra hour check out Run From the Cure, on YouTube. It’s Rick Simpsons documentary. It’s a very interesting story.
:v:

2 Likes

Yeah it helps fatigue, hunger and sleep. Which allows the body to heal itself better in rem sleep.

The lack of restful sleep is what causes the body to initially start degrading. Add internal damage and its working overtime trying to perform all these functions at once.

2 Likes

So found myself making a mistake and luckily somehow broken pumps made my mistake only a half mistake…

First off I transplanted too early. They needed more developed roots before transplant. While that might not have been that bad, easily managed, I also set up schedules for the pumps to 2 times a day for feeds. Why, I don’t know. Stupid rookie move I guess. So basically all of them would technically overfeed at this early stage in their lives.

Luckily two of the feed pumps failed to come on. The failure of the two pumps saved those two tables with Suver Haze from being overfed and are looking better than I expected.
However the table of mountain mangos got hit hard.

So ordered a couple new pumps. Disabled the feed pumps schedules on the smart switches and will hand feed until their roots are good.

Dropped a few seeds to recoup the dying ones.

But I do have a couple of good starters.

Thanks bullfrog420 for setting me straight!

5 Likes

Things are getting a lot better now.
Here are some seedlings coming along.

Mountain mangos are still looking rough. I feel like a worried dad over his baby’s health. I’m sure I’ll lose a few of these. It’s ok, I’ll just take clones of the best one to replace lost ones.

3 Likes

Sorry for the lack of updates. Started building out a new room. Needed a second room so I could have one room for moms and clones and another for flowering.

Removed old junky furniture and cleared out a bunch of other things blocking the space. It’s a 12ft x 17ft space. Will have to build a fake wall to close it in.

But here’s the panaroma photo of the room to show building progress.

6 Likes

Awesome looks great!

Just put some seeds down to try and get some mother plants. We shall see what comes up. I have also got some good starts of Mountain Mango, Suver Haze and another hybrid. Now just letting them veg out.

We shall see how all these turn out. I think I’ve dialed in the room and fixed all the bugs.

Now it’s time to build the flower room!

4 Likes

“ I plan to start them indoor and migrate to outdoor as a much more fully developed plant. I was planning on using miracle grow because it’s cheap at the lowes in bulk for me.“

I’m gonna move over here so we don’t mess up peanut thread. Anyways I use Kellogg’s brand raised bed potting soil. Out here in Cali you can get it at Lowe’s or Home Depot. It’s got most of the same things in it that ocean forest does I just think it’s a little less so it’s not quite as hot. But it will take you through the veg. Long enough to get it in the ground without having to add any other nutrients before transplant. I don’t know if you’re going to grow in pots outdoor or in the ground the soil will work for both but I would recommend adding some rise hull’s or something for a little more aeration if you’re going in pots.

How are you watering those plants in the rockwool cubes. Those plants are going to be needing to get watered three or four times a day when they get a little bigger.

1 Like

One thing with this hobby. Spend the $ on the good gear.

Wow @daurwid!! Amazing set up!! I can’t wait to see how your grow does! I’m so jealous that you have all that space!! Looks amazing.

3 Likes

What are talking about @austin??
I guess your momma or papa never taught you this golden lesson…
If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. Show us your grow and what you can do. Then you still shouldn’t talk smack to our brother and sister growers on GN.
I bet you’ve never grown any flower that people would be impressed with. Probably never grown a plant… Lmao​:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

I’m really impressed with you grow blocks and lack of any algea growing on the top. Your plant’s look amazing @daurwid. My most recent rockwool cubes got a good layer of algae on them before I got them in lids with hydroton, and in my dwc buckets.
:v:

4 Likes

Please keep us all updated.

I can’t get enough of this strain.

2 Likes

Ah yes, walmart grow. I was waiting for the criticism. I’m a cheap dude. Wife calls me resourceful. I spend money where it’s needed. I buy what is needed, no matter how ugly, functionality is the only important part.
I researched a lot found the products I felt would give the best bang per buck.
Walmart tray kidde pools, $2 a pool 36 inch wide. Mylar is $25 for a 4ftx25ft that covers about 5 pools. Tray cost me $7 each. Compared to 3ftx3ft botanic tables at $100 each, yeah and I get almost the same grow space, that’s a no brainer. Clean up is also truely graceful, easier than botanic tables imo… You can just replace the mylar or clean the mylar.
Anyways, I found what works for me, you do you.

5 Likes

I hope that hybrid strain hotblonde x Cherry cough will be pheno instead of auto. I know the cherry cough was an auto. Hopefully this one turns out awesome.

1 Like

Cherry Poppin’ Daddies?

I totally want to try it!

3 Likes

Ah yes, I use the flood and drain method. It’s my favorite and the cheapest method for now for me. Ok now I know what to look for in the store for organic soil. I will just take my rockwool, remove the plastic and place it in a 10 gallon fabric pot outside. I used miracle grow raised bed organic because it was less expensive for the quantity, but I could tell it was not the best option. Was going to try and mix in potting soil this year with the raised bed soil. I hope to do about 50-100 plants outdoor this year. Just got to figure out irrigation. But before that I need to finish the new flowering room.

Lots of sprouts! Woop woop.

Maybe these 4 will be some decent mommies.

4 Likes