Gingers 2023!

Hi this is the start of my auto run. I’m starting with 4 sweets seeds devils cream and 3 ministry of cannabis NL cheese.

17 Likes

Hello and welcome to GN. Best of luck with your grow! :metal:

8 Likes

Hi @ginger420 , welcome to Gn and looking forward to seeing your grow.

6 Likes

One still has seed shell on it should I try to pull it off with tweezers or leave it alone? Then two of them look like their sprouting upside down? I don’t usually have this problem open to any suggestions thanks.

5 Likes

Be very carful taking the shell off. If left it causes the cotlydons to suffocate. I lost 4x galactic god seeds this way. I use a small tweezer and a pick set.

5 Likes

Thanks for advice worked great. Will be putting in pots shortly!

8 Likes

Devils cream are doing great all have popped! Sadly only one nl cheese has popped and isn’t doing so well hope to see others pop soon.

4 Likes

Leave the ones that havent popped yet there. They might still be growing just wait.

3 Likes

Got everything in pots hope to see some quick progress!

10 Likes

Not as quick as I was hoping for. Does anyone else think their growing slower then they should? Or do they seem to be growing just fine? I water lightly every two days.20210211_090909

6 Likes

Can you get a little closer pic. What are your temps (low T stunts growth)? Also, it looks like you’re watering in a circle right around the stalk…looks dry on the edges of the pot(I could be wrong). I like to water the edges only so the roots have to expand out to search for water…

Congrats on getting the two late bloomers to pop!

2 Likes

Yeah I was half mimicking this guys grow on YouTube he said at the seedling stage to water just around stalk and very small amounts and he said this is for autos only because so many people over water autos and end with tiny yields small plants further issues. I would normally water like crazy way more then others would agree with but that’s how I like it my theory is drown them while they’re young so when they’re old you have no choice because they’re so use to it and imo in flower the more water the more swelling. I also usually grow outdoor in the ground. This is my third auto run the first was terrible and the second I switched to outdoor for flower. I’ll try to give a good watering like a ¼-⅓ gallon thought the whole pot

3 Likes

Around 65 for most the day but I have it 20 on 4 off and at that time it drops to about 56-57

3 Likes

I also run a heater 24/7 don’t know how else to create heat other then another heater but that’s expensive on the electric cost

3 Likes

I should’ve said this first, I haven’t grown yet so take my advice with a grain of salt. I’m just a biochem (and genetics lover) by profession and just trying to apply plant biology knowledge to these beautiful plants. Best thing is try the method you found and if it improves your grow then nothing else matters! :smiley: Just my preference to force the roots to venture out for water.

I would say those night temp drops may be going a little low. Maybe some insulating/thermal wrap around the pots to keep the root zone warm?

3 Likes

Starting to see some improvement but still slow. I switched my 4 off from 12am-4am to 5pm-9pm and added a second heater and oscillating fan on low was able to keep above 60 in room.

10 Likes

60’s is too low for seedlings. Man that sucks your basements that cold. Your working on it ive been keeping track.

6 Likes

It’s a room attached to a old tool barn/garage. Doesn’t help its been getting to the low 30s at night. On the oregon coast it’s always a battle with weather here.

5 Likes

I would also turn the fan off and see if it gets warmer. I keep seedlings at 78 degreese and lots of humidity. Fan is not gona make huge difference at seedling/sproutling stage.

3 Likes

I will try that I figured keeping it on low would help my other heater oscillate since my first one does on its own. Thanks

3 Likes