Going to do the test 3 gall 5 gal

Hers a facet Newbs like myself always seem to ask same questions so I figure my next grow I will do a test
4c4 tent Marshydro TS3000 all Autos no transplants
Northern light
White Widow
Critical
Going to plant 1 each in 3 Ga 1 each in 5 gal
I will plant 3 and 5 gal side by side to try and make sure they get same light
Any other suggestions for test are welcome
Next test will be to transplant or not

4 Likes

Would love to watch the progress in this. I ran out of 5 gal, so planted one in a 3 gal, 4 in 5 gal. All northern light auto, and was curious as to how big of pot I needed for autos. Thw 3 has stayed noticeable smaller throughout.

1 Like

I have 2 autos going now. I have 3,5,7 gallon pot sacks to transplant. But @mudman and a few guys all get big yeils in small cips or pots. lol. I also have 4 photos in each 4x4 tent. Interesting test. Watching.

4 Likes

Heres a 3 gallon GG4 Auto in a two x two @dunbar

7 Likes

Niceeeeeeee now were talking. Both my lemon haze fems are growing. Ones way more vigorous so i cant do side by side comparison. This is only my 2nd auto grow ever. Not a fan. But i hope these 2 new autos change my mind about that. See your plant and other guys autos make me want to try it again.

4 Likes

I switched back to Photos …Autos are great, but no control…lol… I spent more time looking at this plant than I did looking at the Mrs…Ha!

You need to watch them so close, but if you do…watch the hell out …results are tremendous. I relax and grow now…lol…:+1:

5 Likes

Yeah im a photo guy. Grow them, breed them, clone them.

3 Likes

Definitely watching this…

very interesting test I will be following ur results it should be interesting. Good luck and be safe

1 Like

Still a newb
So I’ll make mistakes
At least mistakes will be for both sizes
I’ll be looking for Preybird to point things out during the grow
I trust in the Bird lol
He’s the best

3 Likes

The best way to progress is by making a grow journal. We can follow along easier and help with more precision.

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Fill this out. It will provide many more topics to discuss in your Thread/Room. You keep all your info in the one place. Every time you post in your thread, it goes to the top of the pile and you get more interactions.

3 Likes

Any updates on this? It’s perfect for where I’m at right now. I have a whole bunch of black tubs outside that I’m trying to take apart and identify as to what size they are before I wash and sanitize them. Also interested in your transplant test idea. Thanks!

2 Likes

Interested also. I’ve done autos for the last 4 years and recently switched to photos. But I’ve grown in solo cups, 1gal, 3gal, 5gal plastic and fabric pots and I would think the difference between the 3 and 5 would be minimal and more dependent on strain. I usually pull about 2oz off of either a 3 or 5 gallon with the same strain in around 90 days. 1 gallons get me about a half oz. Just personal experience. I’d like to see what you come up with myself. Btw who was the breeder of those seeds?

2 Likes