Got a Humidor

Got Sick of the humidity trying to dry and cure buds. I’ve lost about 8 oz in the last 1.5 years to moldy bud. Never again!! This is so much better

7 Likes

@chefjonnyg, mind if I ask what it set you back?

1 Like

I have to admit, My dry/cure rooms I build are basically giant humidors, bit for storing my jarred bud…Oh man that set up is just bad ass!!! I love it,now I want one. Hahahaha

1 Like

200 for a cheaper model they can go up to 1500

It helps even with the lids on?

Yeah, they’re not airtight when I took them off the stem after drying I left them open for a few days no I open them for an hour in there. It also helps keep the air clean and circulates the air inside

Some might say it’s a waste of money but it said extra guarantee that my bud won’t go bad during cure

I lost 2lbs one season to the same… just the difference between outdoor and indoor…lol… still sucks

1 Like

what do you mean by this? Is one more susceptible to mold during curing?

Mold likes to live in rooms with moisture and light for the temperature is between 50 and 90 degrees. If you can control at least two of those then you have a good chance of not getting mold. For me it was the humidity in the room that was killing the bud

1 Like

I try to slow down my dry as much as possible, with out creating bud rot or mold etc etc. the longer the dry, the more time for the chlorophyl to evaporate from the plant. I will wait til the stem starts to get a little stiff, but not snappy, then i put it all in containers and burp them every day until it finishes itself out. It cures to a nice delightful flavor and smell.
Uhg, its 10:50am, its time for a safety break,hahaha then headed outside back to work on that grow building. I hope you are all having an awesome, and relaxing day!!! Ps…Turn the dam news off and stip watching tv, its all lies and crap anyway…go back to the peaceful life style hahahaha

I do the same but go to paper bags and dry until the weight loss is very minimal…you can lose 1/6 the weight in the first day…and it’s like bread in a paper bag… bread won’t go moldy neither will your weed… then I go into the cure… with 62% humidity packs…