Greetings, great to connect with others!

Thanks for the invite, looks like a great forum!
Won’t be able to start my indoor grow till around September, when I’ll be around full time and able to look after things.
So I’ll probably just lurk in the background until the summer is over :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello and welcome! What type of gear do you plan to use when you start up??

5 Likes

Welcome @trippingnome to the Growers Network!

I look forward to your grow journal!

~MacG

4 Likes

Hi davesnothere,
I’ve bought a small Mars Hydro grow tent and LED grow light, enough for 2 plants at a time I hope.
Vivosun in-line fan, carbon filter, clip on fans, fabric pots, hangers & scrog net
FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil and a few bricks of coco & perlite.
Some misc stuff like PH meter, PPM/TDS meter, temp/hygrometer, ph up/down.
Have a small ceramic heater & portable humidifier in case they are needed, probably not until winter.
And got some seeds from crop-king, hopefully still viable by September, I had planned to start the grow in February but things did not go as planned, What else is new. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the fall, sort of wishing the summer away. :smiley:

Everyone: thanks for the welcomes!

5 Likes

What size is your light and the square footage of your tent and we could probably give you an idea if it’s big enough or not @trippingnome

2 Likes

Hi tdubwilly,
the tent is a Mars Hydro 48"x24"x70" so 8 sq ft, about all I can fit in the room for now.
And the light is a Mars Hydro Reflector 480W LED.

I was thinking maybe add another cheap light like a Roleadro 400W COB from Amazon as a “kicker light” if the Mars Hydro Reflector one turns out to be not enough.

Have to watch power consumption a bit, am on a 16amp circuit but is also runs everything else in the room, laptop, lights, stereo system. That will probably become a real issue in winter if I have to start using a heater in the tent.

3 Likes

Us Canadians are starting to stack up lol. Hello and welcome from little Nova Scotia :wink:

6 Likes

Ha, yes the recent legalization seems to have brought a lot of people popping out of the woodwork :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For sure it’s a good time for us rebels;)

4 Likes

Hi everyone ! glad to be on board. Love growing Cannabis. Your help with growing would be appreciated!

6 Likes

I have a 2x4 tent as well and 2 Viparspectra 300 watt leds. They are a great bang for their buck. I have two indoor that have been veging for about 55 days

It’s surprising what you can pull off in a little space.

6 Likes

Hi @debiah and welcome to Growers Network :wink:

If you need anything just let us know :grin:

3 Likes

Wow your tent looks awesome :grin: nice work :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you! I do hope for a bigger tent in the near future with higher end lights but for now I am very happy with results. Plan on taking these babies into flower in the next 2-3 weeks

5 Likes

I can’t wait to see them in flower! You’ll have buds galore :grin:

3 Likes

Wow, nice!
Yo’ur setup gives me hope that things will grow!

5 Likes

Hi, I have two of the Viparspectra 300 watts as well. Just started harvesting I have some big buds and a lot of popcorn. Next time going to add another 300 watt which should help with less popcorn. I do like the lights. Nice looking plants.

4 Likes

Thank you missiles! I plan on taking a clone or two from each when I start lollipopping… maybe I will start a thread when I flip the lights!

4 Likes

They will definitely grow with the right amount of love!

3 Likes

That sounds great :grin: if you do tag me in if you remember :wink:

2 Likes