Grow 2-Jilly Bean and Flu Shot Cough x G13 Haze Fem Photoperiod

Hi @automatik

I have used Recharge. I flushed that plant out with distilled water and a little Cal Mag last week and tried some Humic Acid one night and the night before last, tried the Recharge. I’m afraid it is too far gone.

However, that Flu Shot strain you sent me as a freebie is looking awesome. I can’t wait to try that one out. The bud’s look like all the pretty pictures you see.

3 Likes

Hi @happilyretired

I wanted to find a feed chart online that I could print out, when I started this grow. I couldn’t find one so stuck with the feeding schedule on the box flap. I got the starter kit with Grow, Base and Bloom. That chart doesn’t include the Cal Mag. I did pick up some Cal Mag to keep for emergencies, mainly because I see online that growers use it a lot. So I only used it once in a while–like guessing it might need some.

I think you are right about the culling. Sad, but you guys are right. I’ll have to get it out after work tonight, I think.

I really appreciate all your advice.

5 Likes

@TheMadFlascher

Hey Bob–thanks for taking a look. You guys are right–but it’s a bummer. I going to develop a plan on getting rid of it.

The other two plants are looking awesome though. So no way a total loss.

6 Likes

@dirt51 You are so right, it’s never a total loss. You tried everything you can. Just finish the 2 you have, and start some more. :sunglasses: Good luck

6 Likes

Give me a link to the nutrients you’re using so I can see if I can find what’s in it. But whatever cal-Mag you purchased, read the label and give it whatever does the label says. I do this every feeding. I know absolutely nothing about what you’re using. Not everybody uses Cal mag all the time. What’s in your media and your nutrient line play a big part on what you’re gonna do. But these plants need a lot of it.

I’m sorry I need to edit this. I do run this nutrient load and you are supposed to put 1 g of Cal mag per gallon nutrient solution. They also recommend to flush once a week to a fair amount of runoff. I highly recommend doing this to prevent the salt buildup that is occurring in your root zone. This is good stuff. I follow their feeding chart with great success. Get on that Cal mag.:+1:t3:

7 Likes

Here ya go Dirt… use the correct one for your medium…

Marty

5 Likes

It’s so awesome how helpful you all are. This is an amazing thread to read for an example of people just being helpful, not for profit or bragging, just doing the right thing and helping.

@dirt51 @Dforce @happilyretired @sssportsmfg @automatik @nacho151 @Dog_Fart1 @MrMonkey420 @TheMadFlascher

9 Likes

It’s very nice to have you around here too, @Skinnyhb -man

6 Likes

Hi @happilyretired

I have been using the Dakine 420 Starter pack and once they started flowering I bought a jar of Shock and Awe.

My big mistake may have been not flushing but 2 times the entire grow. I’ve been trying to avoid it because it’s hard to do and not make a mess. I really need to get a flushing plan for my next indoor grow. Cutting corners never good.

I’m going to get the foxtail plant out of there tonight and flush the other two with clear distilled water and let them stretch out.

I was giving them 1/2 tsp of the Base and Bloom and 3/4 tsp of the Shock and Awe before cutting back over the last few days.

And:

And the Cal Mag:

5 Likes

Nice–got it saved–thanks Marty

7 Likes

I would suggest following the feeding chart. Get a small scale they’re cheap if you don’t have one then start weighing your nutrients. Much more precise. Do you have a shop vac. If you have trays to go under your pots use a plant riser or a couple of bricks for whatever you can to elevate your plant in the trey. Have your shop vac at the ready for sucking up the water. This works I know that for a fact because this is how I started. :+1:t3::v:t3:

With a little bit of imagination you be surprised what you can do with what you have on hand.

6 Likes

Just a picture update.

I got rid of that crazy plant. I checked the root ball out and it didn’t appear to have any dry spots like I had that first grow-at least to my eye.

6 Likes

Just a .01 c opine. I think you may have had a DLI light intensity/penetration issue, look at how shaded that area still is, with the third plant in there, the light level beneath that canopy was dismal at best, might explain the weird reveg looking larf. Looks like a light fixture with a lot of juice, whats your canopy DLI and beneath canopy DLI/PPFD…just curious. Not saying there wasn’t some weird genetic/hormone things there too, cuz it was unusual for certain.

7 Likes

Hi @Dog_Fart1

I see what you mean by that shade there. Getting that plant out of there made the whole tent brighten too.

I’m pretty much a newb to growing, so I don’t know what you mean by DLI and PPFD.

I now realize that 3 plants are too much for this little tent. Next time just two.

Thanks for checking out my grow!

8 Likes

PPFD is basically PAR level of the light in the tent. Dr. Bugbee and Migro has some good videos on YouTube.

8 Likes

Ok well we will get you there, for now…just file it as complicated stuff to learn.

The Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density (PPFD) measures the light that actually arrives at the crop canopy in the Par zone.
DLI is Daily Light Integral, its a calculation of PPFD over time and the plants can only use so much and smart guys like Bugbee/Migro that study this have determined optimal ranges.
Sorry I kinda threw a monkey wrench out there…But its a good rabbit hole to learn about.
And more important is just get a few grows under your belt and ask lots of Q’s. While I’m rabbit hole baiting, more important that the other acronyms is VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit), learn this first…many implications, respiration, transpiration, RH, WPM issues etc.

7 Likes

this is EXACTLY why I Love this site!!! you guys legit have SOOOOOO much info and are ready and willing to hand it out!! love my new lil online family!

9 Likes

To me it looked like a genetic thing, I’ve had some wierd plants.

Roots look fine.

Marty

6 Likes

Your welcome…that’s what we are all here for…help.

Marty

7 Likes

A few updates for the journal. I decided over the weekend to start to flush the JB plant. It’s not been looking good since the other one had it’s problem. I cut way back on the nutes and lowered the light dimmer but the leaves are still getting crispy. I’ve been flushing with straight distilled water to runoff each night. Tonight was the second night. The trichomes are just starting to show some cloudy ones, so I am thinking it’s time. It’s been 8 weeks since I flipped the lights to 12/12. Here is a picture of one of the JB buds:

The other plant-the FSC is doing great. It has 6 main colas all about the same size. I’m still feeding this one nutes because it looks healthy and the trichomes are still clear. Those buds are thicker than they look in the picture too. Here is a picture of the FSC:

As this grow nears it’s ending, my next grow is just taking shape. I have 3 5 gal pots with RO soil and Earth Dust in them. I started one auto-flower about a month ago and transplanted it 5/15/22 to the 5 gal and it’s been outdoors the whole time and will stay there unless we get real bad weather.
It’s an Ethos Crescendo:

And the other one, that I just transplanted into the 5 gal, is one of @PreyBird1 Runtz seeds.
The Runtz:

The other empty pot will probably get the Strawberry Coookies auto-flower by Ethos that is just about ready for transplant.

I did clear out a space in the backyard to try my hand at some outdoor in the ground grows.

I have one going now. It’s one of Ethos’s XXX Fem seeds. The picture below is when I just transplanted it about 3 weeks back. It’s a lot taller now. I have set up a perimeter of defense around the plant. I now have 16 Marigolds around it and around that 8 Caster Bean plants and some bars of Zest soap hanging from netting on stakes, at deer nose height. I’m not getting my hopes up. And we have lots of snakes back there I found out. The one in the tree was there the whole time we were working and then we saw it. Sometimes they like to relax in my wife’s fabric pots too.
Check them out:

The plot:

The snakes that day:

@TheMadFlascher @happilyretired @nacho151 @MrMonkey420 @Dog_Fart1 @truthhound @sssportsmfg

10 Likes