Grow Diary 2021 - Problems with some leaves turning yellow. Help please

I’ll make this short and sweet. These 2 beauties were gifted to me as a present. Since I was moving, I did not have space to put them into bigger containers, so they sat in the Dixie cups that they were given to me in for about a month and a week. During that time, they sat in my closet and seem to be doing OK with the Makeshift light I was giving them. Some of the leaves started to die, but the majority of them were nice and green. Is this past Saturday, I transplanted them into much better soil. Coast of Maine platinum grower’s mix. Before that, They were in just COCO core and regular seedling mix. Is after the transplant into the new soil, I saw no transplant shock, but the leaves look like they could be in a little nutrient shock. I’m not sure. The plants do look like they’re doing better in the new medium. My question is, should I let the plant continue to grow the way it’s going right now or remove the yellowing leaves.?? One of the plants has barely any yellow on it, but the other 1 has Is a lot more yellow on the upper canopy… I was considering chopping the whole top off of that one and letting it re-grow. The lower leaves seem to be doing just fine. With the other one, I might consider cutting 1 leaf off, the yellow leaf and letting the plant get a little bit taller before I top it to make it Bushier. What are everyone’s thoughts on both girls? Also, how does everybody feel about the coast of Maine platinum growers mix?? I was going to just use all costs of main products. The ones recommended by the company and local Maine growers. Once the nutrients were all burned out of the soil, I would use their platinum growers organic fertilizer. Thank you in advance community friends.

3 Likes

Your light is how far up above the plants?

1 Like

About a foot and a half to two feet above the top roughly. I think that there’s some nutrient burn going on as well. I would like to keep them in this coast of Maine soil if possible and I’m hoping that they adjust to it… It’s only been about four days since I transplanted them.

1 Like

I should also mention that I am using LED’s Marriott from my limited experience and what I’ve read, LED’s are not supposed to burn the plant unless the leaves are touching the light for a prolonged period of time. Am I correct on that?

3 Likes

Yeah and you light shiuld be 18"- 24 above the light.

4 Likes

Hi @becker101

If you have recently transplanted them they will take some time to recover. I would take dead and yellowing leaves off and drop the light a little as preybird says. Thanks for sharing and post updates when the plant starts rooting.

3 Likes

Still can’t figure out what is wrong. The soil is moist, no extra nutrients have been added, and I flushed the nutrients from the soul itself, so there shouldn’t be any nutrient burn. I haven’t needed to water them for a week and a half and I’m using fabric bags. I’m stumped. Any advice would be appreciated. Maybe they need nutrients, but I don’t think so. Also temp is at 77 degrees and humidity is around 56% I’m using Coast of Maine Stonington blend platinum grower’s mix.

2 Likes

becker, just thought I’d ask… You’ve provided some information on your planting media but nothing that I can see on the REAL IMPORTANT stuff.

1. Need to know your water source??
  2. pH is most critical…do you know what pH your nutrient solution/water combination was at?
  3. You mention nothing about your nutrient solution EC

It’s very hard for us to give you any kind of guidance without knowing these things!!

In your last picture I see some bright yellow banding on a couple leaves and obvious salt burn on your leaf tips…that says chlorine toxicity to me but with all the unknowns it’s hard to analyze anything!!!

Your plants are still pretty small and without appropriate corrective measures pretty quick…I don’t think it’s going to end well!!!

3 Likes

first off good luck with ur grow the pictures are of such poor quality its hard to tell whats going on but I would lower the lights no nutes and flush them completely out. Let them adjust to the new medium and take off the leaves that are totally yellow

1 Like

Haven’t been on in a while. Work and newbie grower’s stress have been keeping me busy. Thought my pants weren’t going to make it, but it looks like a 90% turn around for the ladies. In addition to that, I was given a Pakistan Valley Kush lady that had already been flowered. She was going to be junked, but I asked if I could have her and attempt to Re-veg her. She was in pretty rough shape when I got her and didn’t think she would come back to life, but low and behold… :sunglasses: My greenthumb is improving.

I would like to think that part of the reason all three made a complete 180 is because I ditched Coast of Maine soil and fertilizer and replaced it with Bio365 Soil and Nectar For The Gods organic fertilizers. :crossed_fingers:
Wish me luck peeps.

4 Likes