Grow journal

I still think that was from early over love.

For that AN line, give ½ml per qt as seedlings. You will want to start by reducing their recommendations in half (or less) until you determine your plant can handle heavier feeding.

I started out growing with those nutes.

1 Like

So are you saying I should use 1ml of each in the 2litre can

Read the instructions and half that. I just consider a liter a qt, to make it easier when doing math.

Seedlings, they recommend 1ml per liter, so reduce that to ½ml per qt.

And how sooner would you be thinking it should be started I have black growth on the seedling I was thinking was dieing so I think it’s coming to a end but the other one has a little bit of yellow on end of it but otherwise looks like its growing nicely

Black growth? That’s not good. Pic?

1 Like

Watch your cotyledons. Once they’re yellowing, you can start LIGHTLY feeding.

I’m not seeing anything black growing.

1 Like

Mean the black patch on the leaf haha should have worded it better

1 Like

I know what you meant. I didn’t see anything black on the leaf, myself.

1 Like

Looks like the tips are dead? Be aware of how much calcium you’re feeding your plants - in coco they need a bit extra compared to other mediums.

1 Like

New to this so trying to learn internet is saying to be adding calmag is that right or is it something else

1 Like

Yeah, CalMag is a mix of calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate (Epsom salts).

1 Like

Great how much should I roughly be giving calmag is it a weekly thing like feeding again sorry dont know very much just trying and learning as I go

1 Like

After NPK, calcium is the most important. It should be in every feeding you give. Check out your base nutrients and see what they have in them for calcium and magnesium. At this stage your plants might only need 500ppm of nutrients or less.

1 Like

You don’t need to add the two elements together, though. That’s how a lot of companies bottle them. It’s up to you to decide what your plant actually needs and give it that.