Grow lights

The sun is amazing. What i dont understand is the sun is insanely bright compared to anything but you can bleach a plant having too much light? Nothing makes more light than the SUN.

3 Likes

A 600w hps is actually brighter at 16" than the brightest day recorded ever in the sahara desert.so the plants have not evolved to use that much light

9 Likes

Only you would know that lmao wassup B!!!

6 Likes

Not much man just getting by haha.

2 Likes

How u been?

2 Likes

Aren’t we all…one doobie at a time lol

3 Likes

Lifes lubricant;)

2 Likes

Ahhh I’m good. Of course I was supposed to be in TX today visiting family and blah blah but my little man has the flu so we are just forgetting about Thanksgiving this year

2 Likes

U can make turkey anytime;)

3 Likes

Shiiiit…you ain’t gotta pull my leg hard to not deal with a day full of in laws and blood family!!

3 Likes

Ya it can be a headache lol

2 Likes

My mother in law just broke her wrist. Its actually raining here in LA and she slipped on the wet grass. We to are cancelling

4 Likes

Poor thing hope she alright

4 Likes

She will be. Just sucks. Never a good time for that. But hey gotta roll with it

5 Likes

Hopefully its not the scafoid bone it can require surgery.mine are defective haha

1 Like

Idk at the ER now

2 Likes

The ladies under the ol blurple i had to pull out

Gonna test out some newer LED’s next month after i pull these. I was looking at the CMH but they were still a bit pricey

2 Likes

I have explained this before. But I’ll do it again here. A lot of LED manufacturer’s use cheap materials. Diodes,fans,drivers,heatsinks. Etc. They also advertise its " X amount of watts" when if you actually if you test watts from the wall it almost always comes out to a way way lower number.
They get away with this by using terms like "Equivalent " or whatever when in all actuality its a low wattage, low quality knock off light.
Look I get it. Not ever one can drop 2k on a grow set up. Sometimes you do what you gotta do. But at that price point I’d tell you go back to HID over budget led.

3 Likes

They do have to disclose the “Actual” wattage you just have to look for it.
It think someone suggested 40w per sq ft. I’m going to throw my though in there. 50w min per sq ft. That’s going to do you real good. 40w is OK as well. I just find 50to be the magic number

2 Likes

I know your right 100%, i wouldn’t recommend anyone to buy one.
But if you got an old one kicking around and you need some light they’ll do

2 Likes