Grow records - what tool do you use?

Pen and paper? Spreadsheet? Phone app? What do you use to keep track of how your plants are growing? How often do you review your records to look for patterns and problems?

2 Likes
4 Likes

Cool - I think @garymorgan uses that as well. How do you like it?

2 Likes

The UI could be a bit more intuitive, but otherwise I find it’s pretty functional. The ability to upload grow profiles and get help from other growers has huge potential.

4 Likes

I like the app it’s very useful for tracking the data but it is a little hard to navigate at first. Like everything it takes some time to get comfortable and fluent with.

3 Likes

I feel like it needs more drag/drop ability.

3 Likes

definitely. There might be too many drill down levels too. I’d like to be able to get to any portion from one page. I’m being critical, it’s still very good and better than everything else I’ve seen.

2 Likes

TraceWeed records data on each plant and each grow cycle. You can link mother plants to clones to see when the yield starts to fall. You can also add voice notes (translated to text for the admin app) or written notes for each plant or clone group. These notes are accessible to all staff.

We are also working on integrating in scheduling, so you can manage your nutrients, water, etc. from the same app.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. I’m here to help.

ddv

5 Likes

Does GrowBuddy or TraceWeed have export functions to get to the raw data? I’m a bit of a nerd and always want the CSV or API to do data visualization my way :wink:

4 Likes

TraceWeed does export out to excel and/or CSV. We also have API’s available, or can work with partners to develop new API’s if needed.

ddv

3 Likes

Nice! Is there documentation available for the API @dauntless?

2 Likes

I just checked with one of our developers and she said that so far all of our API’s have been “going the other way” and it has been people pulling in our data. So i guess i should revise to say we are API-ready should the need arise. :slight_smile:

ddv

3 Likes

growbuddy - free grow software, great design, takes a little getting use to the navigation, use it every day for commercial production

3 Likes

Hi,

Tim here with GrowBuddy. We are glad to see some of the users on here using GrowBuddy. Thanks for the feedback @Jason.Back and @garymorgan that’s how we get better. Feel free to write into our support page with feature requests or bugs you find. We have recently hired 4 new employees and we will be adding a lot of new features over the next year, an export feature included. Thanks for using GrowBuddy @BrianD!

5 Likes

Hey @tim - thanks for jumping into the discussion. Anything you can share with us on future plans and feature roadmap? That’s awesome that you’ve hired 4 new employees and glad to see you’re doing so well!

3 Likes

Over the next year, we are going to be integrating with hardware companies that will monitor the environment and nutrient dosing. Along with that, we will be working on pushing out commercial features for growers to stay compliant with the state, updating commercial scale plant management, and exporting data to a POS system or excel sheet. We have some other big things in the works but we will be releasing that information at a later date.

4 Likes

That’s a great addition. Are you planning on updating the billing model, at least for the commercial folks? You guys are still running on donations right now, correct?

3 Likes

Yes, we will be releasing the pro version with the commercial features at a very competitive price. We are also revamping the marketplace to allows growers to purchase products directly from our supplier.

4 Likes

That sounds awesome - looking forward to the launch of the pro version!

3 Likes