Growers tips

Today I was transplanting babies from humidity dome in rock wool to small pots. I like to plant in coco so this is what I do , My favorite coco is Atami BCuzz Coco its the best hands down but expensive. I add perlite, Azomite Organic Micronized Trace elements. and Mycorrhizae. I don’t measure it out I just have a feel for the correct amount. This makes for a good starting soil. I have tried pre mixed soils but lots of them have fungus gnats already in them. After filling the pots (3" pots) about 3/4 I place the rockwool so the top surface is just above the soil line then fill coco around the rockwool this allows air and water easy access to the root ball until the roots get established in the coco. As an option I will sometimes top dress with diatomaceous earth. Jut a little money saver I ran into a company called Earth Medicine makes a great microbial fertilizer check it out.

10 Likes

Hi @charlieseeds

Longtime no see. Thanks for your growers tips been missing you on the forum. Growershouse.com also offers Atami BCuzz Coco, so I know it must be good.

I like the way you are only adding rockwool. I recently planted some autos and use4d polystyrene cups as the way to seed, but must admit I would rather use rockwool in future.

6 Likes