Growers: What percentage of total cost is spent on fertilizers, pesticide, fungicide, etc?

Of course you’re correct. However, this was not a formal trial that we conducted. (Cannabis is not legal to grow in Spain, which is why you see faces covered up.)

This was an informal test by someone that wanted to see what the difference would be using OCC, in a historically difficult place to grow. I offer this not as definitive proof, but to share what we do know about it’s benefits for cannabis growers. Which is why we’d like to have results from a more formal, U.S.-based trial.

We have many formal trial studies, both by universities and customers, for other types of crops. (again, our OCC is used on produce that’s in grocery stores. The EU is moving towards a “Zero Residue” policy and our OCC accomplishes this goal.) If this is of interest, I’m happy to share.

Ultimately, our goal is this: Share the knowledge of how colloidal concentrates / micelle technology works; provide free samples so you can obtain “proof-of-concept” and see the results firsthand; help farmers reduce the expense of growing, gain market share, reduce the need for other harmful chemicals. Oh, and maybe kick the “Big Boys” in the pants!

Glenn

4 Likes

Great info, thanks!

When I spray, I use roughly 26 gallons per acre in a backpack fogger. So according to your numbers, that would be just under 10ml per spraying event. If I did that every other week, I am looking at a total volume of 80mls give or take. At $200/liter that is about $16. Pretty darn cheap.

For driplines I irrigate around 400,000-500,000 gallons through the season, on one acre. That is about 25,000-30,000 gallons per week.

3 Likes

Understood!

Can you post me some links to other crops studies?

2 Likes

Thank you for providing these numbers, Dan. So yes, there is value in using this in your tank mix. You wouldn’t need to apply this weekly through the driplines. The foliar application is sufficient.

I’ll “Roundup” some other studies for you. Haha

3 Likes

Good point. Disease resistance testing could definitely doable in CEA. To me, intentionally introducing diseases sounds TERRIFYING! I’ll leave that task to my university cohorts. Keep that mold and PM away from my ladies!

Anybody want to tackle this testing task?

2 Likes

Dan,

In the below PDF, we show results from Spain and Singapore. We are in the process of redacting company names from other trials, which we’ve signed NDAs for, including University of Leon in Spain, and should have that by Thursday. Apologies for the delay.

Link for Spain / Singapore: Dropbox - File Deleted

Rice Trial in India: Dropbox - File Deleted

3 Likes

It really seems to improve yield by a great deal.

I am willing to give this a try on my cannabis. Is this a product for sale, or are you still pre-production?

2 Likes

Dan, this product is currently in use and is for sale in the US. We’ll provide you with enough sample to conduct your trial (free of charge), with the understanding that you’ll share your trial results with Grower’s Network and provide us with the results in document form.

Glenn

3 Likes

I take a lot of pictures, and will get you a wet yield comparison. Maybe even a dry yield, if it isn’t a huge hassle for me. I’ll message you my address.

3 Likes

I do have 3 mixing questions.

Will it mix with biofuncides (bacteria)?

Will it mix with foliar fertilizer, 0-50-30 potassium phosphate, iron EDTA and manganese EDTA?

In general, what sort of things would it not mix well with, if any?

2 Likes

Hi @Glenn.InergiAg,

I am also interested in testing your approach/technology! We are based in Germany and do have a licence to research medical cannabis in Germany. For trade we develop and sell LED equipment, etc. mainly for research institutes.

Could you provide samples to us as well? :wink:

cheers

Christoph

2 Likes

Guten abend, Christoph!

We would be happy to have you test our OCC. Please provide more details about what you do and how this trial will be conducted, as well as your mailing address. You may Private Message me this information.

Mit Freundliche Grussen,

Glenn

2 Likes

Dan - with regards to your mixing questions:

• There are ZERO mixing issues. We normally suggest customers do NOT reduce nutrient dosage for the first application with OCC, in your case, because we’re not certain that 5.5g per Gallon is a case of “just enough” or “overdose” to this current crop or variety.

(Typically, customers work their way down to a reduced level, particularly when we/they don’t have sufficient prior data to fall back on, or refer to, and will stop at between 30% and 50% reduction.)

• You should watch for a positive “boost” AFTER the first application with OCC, based on original dosage, and then reduce at subsequent sprays by either 5% or 10% each cycle, in order to reach a point where you feel it reaches an “equilibrium” - meaning, further reduction in OCC will eliminate the “boost” it brings, or to a level without the use of OCC.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, or if this is unclear. Thank you.

3 Likes

First application applied. I covered 600 trial plants in 5 groups with 15 liters and 1.5ml of OCC10k. This was a bit more delicate than the rest of the field as I did not want to overspray. The remaining plants were being treated at 1000 per 15 liter tank and 1.5ml of OCC10k. 600 trial and 600 control across 5 cultivars.

Closer and slower spraying. A bit heavier than average due to the slower travel speed.

Wetting consistency

Non-test plants:

Wider pattern and faster travel speed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info and great pics, Dan! I’ve forwarded this on to HQ for their comments / suggestions (if any.) ~ Glenn

3 Likes

I took before pictures and will take weekly pictures through harvest. I hope to see the trial side outpace the control side.

3 Likes

That’s the goal!

3 Likes